Saturday, July 14, 2012

Little bit of randomness

Every year while the boys go on their father Son Campout us girls get to have a girls night. This year it was only Me, Avynlea and Rylee because Kenedy was at her Grandma and Grandpa Peterson's enjoying a week by herself being spoiled and loved.
So I picked up Avynlea from the bus stop and off we went to our first activity. I did not tell them where we were going I had them guess. Avynlea guessed that we were going to Souper Salad and Rylee had no guess. They were both surprised and thrilled when we ended up at Monkey Bizness. It is a fun place filled with inflatibles for the kids to climb on and play on. I tried to get some good pictures of them coming down the slide but they all ended up blurry so I finally juat had them pose.


After about an hour at Monkey Bizness they were done and ready to go eat. Eating out is not a common happening with our kids and so they were super excited about this part of the night. Unfortunately this is also where the picture taking ended. So sad.
So I took the kids to The Cheesecake Factory because I was really craving their strawberry shortcake. We ate out on the patio because it was such a beautiful and warm day. Before we got our food I talked ot the girls about acting like ladies becasue we were in public and we did not want to embarrass ourselves or make people think we were weird. they both did good until the end when Avynlea got full and bored waiting, then she started wandering around. So I ordered my dessert to go and away we went.
Next stop was the store to get cupcakes and mini icecream drumsticks to eat while we watched our Redbox movie "A Mermaids Tale 2".
Once that was all done it was bedtime for the girls and laying in bed reading for their Mama. After the girls were asleep and while I was lying in bed I heard a noise downstairs that sounded like a door shutting and then a little bit later I thought I heard a nooise that sounded like little feet. I got super scared and willed my self out of bed ot investigate. I turned on every light switch I passed and opened and searched every room luckily finding nothing. I was still freaked out though. So I went back to bed after turning the lights out. A little bit later Avynlea came in my room for some reason and I told her to get in bed with me. I was so happy to have her there cause it made me feel a little bit safer..weird that a seven year old made me feel safe but I think it was just having someonein bed with me. Now that I think about it how sad that Rylee was left all alone in her room. What if someone really was i our house and poor Rylee was stuck by herself. Note to self do not leave child alone in room if feeling freaked out and hearing things. Luckily we all woke up the next morning safe and sound!

I was driving in the car one day with Rylee going to the school, I think, while she was watching a movie. I looked back at her and she looked so cute I could not resist taking a picture. This five year old is such an avid thumb sucker it has been rare to see her watching a movie without it in her mouth. I think she is so pretty and I love seeing her without that darn thumb blocking her face.

We had a first Aid clinic to get ready for girls camp and I was in charge of teaching about Shock. So Kenedy helped me make a poster about the symptoms of shock and how to treat it. Avynlea asked if she could help and so I told her what it was and asked her to draw a person in shock.

This is what she came up with. I laughed so hard when I saw her drawing. Apparently she misunderstood the type of shock I was talking about because she drew a girl with the cord of a vacuum cleaner in her mouth! Loved it and I made sure to point it out to all of the girls taking the class!