Saturday, July 14, 2012

Dance Cuties

This past year I was given the awesome privilage of teaching dance classes. A woman who moved out our ward a year ago owns a company called the dance connection and the gist of it is the dance teacher goes to the daycare and teaches a class once a week for those who sign up. Whith rylee being in pre-school and Cyndi needing more teaches I was given the opportunity to teach some classes. I didn't want to have to leave Rylee while I taught and so I taught while she was in school and then on Monday while she was not in school I traded with a friend some weeks but mostly Rylee just came with me. It was a lot of fun, sometimes frustrating, many times stressful but so worth it. I really fell in love with most of the girls :o) I got to teach and look forward to doing it again in the fall.
I wanted to tak pictures of htem all dressed up in their recital outfits but recital was so crazy and I was doing a lot of running around so that did not happen. I did teach for two more weeks after recital was over and so I took pictures of them in class. I taught seven different classes with three classes on Monday, two on Wednesday and two on thursday. My Monday and Thursday classes did their recital dances to Rapunzels "I See The Light" and "Kingdom Dance". My Wednesday classes did their dances to a Tinkerbell song and "Never Smile at a Crocodile". Because my classes were small we combined them for the recital and so I only had three dances performed at recital.
 Rylie, Bella, Kennedy, Mikayla, Perri and Taylor. Missing is Brylynn
 Abby, Abigail, Arika, Finley, Emma and Maddie
Maddie is wearing the purple costume that all of my dancers wore for recital.

Taryn,  Livia and Janie

Morgan, Audry and Amori

These are the crocodile hats that my amazing sister-in-law Brit made for my Crocodile dancers. They were so cute and looked awesome on stage!

Gabrielle, Olivia,  Kiera



Holly and Avery
I have a little story I want to remember about Holly. Holly was a sweet girl and a very dreamy flighty girl. In class during our dances she would get lost in the music and just do turns and sways before she would come back to reality and join the otherr dancers. She was really sweet and it was fun to watch her. At the recital she did an awesome job on her dance and after it was all over I went out to congratulate my dancers. I saw Holly and went to give her a huf and I told her how proud I was of her. She had a couple of bouquets of flowers that her family had given her and she wanted to give me one of her roses. I told her I appreciate it but it was bught for her and she should keep it. She said "No I want you to have it" and then she asked if it would make me happy. I finally accepted the flower and told her that everytime I looked at the rose I would think of her and that it would make me very happy. What a sweetheart little girl!

Callie, Alysha, Alyssa, Lucy, and Veva

I am very proud of all of my little dancers, I was super nervous about them being on stage not knowing how they were going to do but they all did amazing. I got comments from quite a few people that my dancers were the best ones. I will miss the ones who will not be there anymore but look forward to being back with the ones who will return!