Saturday, July 14, 2012

6th Grade Awards

A week before the last day of Middle School I got a letter in the mail telling us that Kenedy was going to receive an award at the 6th grade awards assembly. I was excited for her but a little worried about how this was all going to go down. The awards assembly was from 7:45 till about 9. That meant we had to have all the kids up and ready for school so that we all could go to the assembly. Kefford would then have to take Ryker and Avynlea to school since school for them starts at 9:15ish and I would have to drop Rylee off at preschool which starts at 9 so that I could get to my 9:20 dance class which started at 9:20 and it usually takes me about 15 to 20 minutes to get there. What a rushed morning this was going to be.
The first award Kenedy received was for maintaining a GPA of 3.5 or higher all year. Way to go!!!!

The second award she got was a PRIDE award. This was a more exclusive award. The letters in PRIDE all stand for something different, P for Perseverence, R for responsibility, I for something, D for determination and E for something. Each teacher was respnsible to nominate one student from all of their classes for each of the different attributes. Kenedy got the PRIDE award for Respnsibility from her Music Teacher Mrs. Johnson. She was surprised and happy and I was really proud of her,




Kenedy has always impressed me with how hard she works at her school work and I am glad that she sets such a great example for her younger siblings.