Friday, February 3, 2012

Christmas Day

Christmas morning the kids started waking up and waking each other up at about 6:30. We told them they had to stay in bed till 7 but about 6:40ish we decided to let them get up and bring in their stockings.




It was a pretty relaxing opening of the stockings. There was not a big rush to get through it, I think because the kids knew they had to wait until after church to open the Christmas presents. After they were done with the stockings. We had them clean up and then get ready for church. Once everyone was ready we all sat at the table to eat our scrambled eggs and juice. I had big plans to make a scrumptious breakfast casserole for our Christmas morning but when I put it together the night before I realized I forgot to let the sausage thaw. I was too tired to deal with it by that point so I didn't. I made the scrambled eggs the next morning and made it fancy by adding green peppers and cheese. Yummers! Kefford, of course, did not have any meetings that morning and it was so lovely having him home with us.
All dressed up in Christmas Sunday best!
I was actually really excited about going to church on Christmas I thought it was a good thing to be able to go to church and worship Christ on this most special day. Kefford had to sit up on the stand, of course, and so it was me with 4 littles who were anxious to get home. I tried so hard to feel the spirit and listen to the testimonies given by our Bishopric but it was so hard, my kids were not cooperating. I get it, it did not make it any easier but I got it, they are kids and are excited and not able to settle down and stop thinking about what was waiting at home. I was at least able to listen mostly to Kefford so that was good. Finally after one of the speakers going over by about 20 minutes we were released and allowed to head on home. :o)

After we all changed we finally gathered downstairs to open presents. Ryker had bought a present for me at his schools elf store with his own money. He was so excited to give it to me and made me open it first. He got me a blue heart cut out of the fake crystal. It was really sweet and extra so that he used his own birthday money to buy it for me. Was a fantastic boy I have!







I got a Kindle Fire!!! So happy, Kenedy kept laughing at me because when I saw what it was a totally squealed, I was so excited. It is awesome!
Joshua works at Amazon and back in november he sent out an email telling us about some great deals that were going on. I checked it out and I found The Lord of the Rings boxed set, extended version plus digital copy for only $50. Unheard of for that price! Kefford has been wanting this ever since the movies came out and could just never justify doing it and so when I saw that I had to jump on it. I was really worried though because it sounded like one of those too good to be true deals. I was really worried that when it arrived I would find it was all in chinese or something. Luckily it was what it was and Kefford was really stoked about it when he opened it. I love when I come up with genius things. I feel like he is always so good about getting me exactly whatt I would want and so when I can do the same it is awesome!

After we opened our presents we opened the secret person gifts from my family. My family since I was young has done secret person gifts. we all draw a name and then buy a present for that person. Last year I opted my family out of the exchange and it was kindof sad to be left out of it all, so we will not be doing that again.
Alyssa had Rylee and got her squinkies!
Kirk had Ryker and got him Batman Legos
Erin had Kenedy and she got her s cute sweater and nail polish. Erin asked me what to get Kenedy and when Kenedy said she wanted clothes I took her to Justice had her pick out a couple things that she liked, had her try them on and then took a picture of each one and sent it to erin so that she could choose one to give. It was so great because Kenedy could pick what she liked and then still be surprised by which one Erin got her. I love technology! The nail polish Kenedy did not even see until she was cleaning up the paper when it just rolled out. She was surprised by the more goodies and it was funny how noone knew it was there.
Ashleigh had Kefford got him The Batman seasons three and four.
And my Mom had me. When I went to Utah for the baptism my Mom gave me the christmas gifts to take back. One of them had my name on it from my secret person and it looked like my sister Stephanies handwriting so I knew it was from her and I said so. Surprise ruined. Uh but not quite because it was my Mom who had me she is so tricky! She got me some sees chocolate, so yum, and this beautiful Australian opals palm tree necklace. I love it and wear it everyday.

So that is our Christmas. After we were done with all the openign we hung out at home and enjoyed being a family. It was a really nice day. the next day we went out to Nyssa and got to see everyone and that was fun too!

Merry Christmas 2011