Sunday, January 22, 2012

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve Day was a pretty low key kind of day. I needed to finish sewing the kids Christmas pajamas and so with Kefford home with the kids I locked myself in my bedroom and got to work. I had already had them cut out I just needed to sew them. I purposefully waited to do it on this day because I wanted Kefford to be with them while I was incognito for a couple of hours. It was low stress until I sewed Kenedys pajamas wrong. Of course hers were the ones I started with and so I put them aside and did the others. Then I sat in front of the TV for a good fifteen to twenty minutes and seam ripped her pajamas apart. Finally I had them all done and wrapped them up and put them under the tree. Kefford did some last minute shopping and we all hung out. I wanted to make a nice turkey dinner for our Christmas Eve and i was excited about all that yummy turkey but so nervous because i had never coked a turkey before, It turned out so delicious and perfect. My first turkey was definitely a success. After dinner we let the kids open their new Christmas pajamas and ornaments. I started the tradition last year that I was going to select ornaments that fit each kids personality rather then give them all the same thing. So Kenedy got a hairdryer/flat iron/brush ornament because she is becoming a teenager. Ryker I found a basketball frame ornament and I put a picture of him and his Dad in it to represent the first year of having Kefford as his coach, he thought it was pretty cool. Avynlea got a kitty ornament since she loves Kitty's and Rylee got a little lovebug ornament since she is everyones little love. they all liked what they got and especially loved their new pajamas. GO BSU!

After the present opening the kids dressed up to do a reenactment of the nativity but could not quite get it together. So we had them change back into their pajamas and I read them out new Christmas Book which talked about the birth of Christ and then we watched the First Presidency's Christmas devotional. We had it recorded on our DVR but never got around to watching it which I am glad because it was perfect for the night before Christmas. Once we put the kids to bed Kefford and I started wrapping the things that never got wrapped and then set it all out. It was a weird night because honestly it did not feel like it should be Christmas already. I am not sure if it was because it came so fast or what but it was weird. Oh well, we got everything all set up and ready for the morning and then we went to bed.