Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Forgotten Carols

The first weekend in December found me, Avynlea and Rylee in Utah for my Niece Isabelle's baptism. We arrived Thursday night and Friday night Emily had a girls night out planned for her, Mom and me. We started our night out by going out and eating some super delicious barbeque. Oh yummers!!
After dinner we headed out to go see The Forgotten Carols. When we were kids we had a tradition that Mom would read to us from The Forgotten Carols and play the music. We all loved it and so we were really excited to go watch it being performed by Michael McLean himself.
Of course it was an amazing show and afterwards we got in line to meet the performers. I already had the book but I did not have a cd so i bought a cd for the actors to sign. Mom and Emily bought t-shirts that they had signed.
So here is our funny story, I warned Mom that this story was going on my blog and so she was prepared for this. :o)
While we were waiting in line I told Mom and Emily that when we got up to the front I was going to lean into Michael McLean really close and in a scary whisper say "I am going to stalk you". Mom was horrified and kept telling me to not embarrass her. Emily and I were laughing and I kept trying to get Emily to dare me to do it because who can turn down a dare? Mom was having none of it and said I better not embarrass her. So we got up to the front and Ems and I pushed Mom in front so she would be the first to speak, and that is when it all came out. Mom got kinda nervous and started talking to Michael McLean and told him about when she and my Dad went to see The Forgotten Carols years and years ago. She told him that they went to the concert and then right after my Mom had to take my Dad to the hospital with bleeding ulcers. After they came home from the hospital my Dad informed my Mom that he was never going to another michael McLean concert again. I could not believe that she was telling him this story. I was laughing so hard because you sould see her mind telling her mouth to be quiet but the mouth was having none of it. Poor Mom she was so nervous. She was so worried about me doing something to embarrass her that she ended up doing it to herself. Hahaha I love great stories!
I told Michael to not let this affect his next performance. But I am really hoping that somehow he works it into his next performance. 
It was a great night spent with people I love and lots and lots of laughing!!!