Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Every year instead of doing Christmas cards I send out Halloween cards. But I only send them to immediate family members. My reasoning when starting this was so that my family could see my kids Halloween costumes. Halloween is a holiday we have never celebrated with family and I want to show off my cute kids in their cute costumes to my family. Sorry to those of you close friends and non immediate family members, maybe one year I will expand the business and include more in the card getting. I sent the cards out on Monday and since the family have all gotten their cards by now it is safe to post our picture on the blog for the rest of you to see.




Rylee: Ballerina
Avynlea: Cowgirl
Ryker: G.I. Joe
Kenedy: Vampire Princess

The kids had a really fun Halloween despite it being on Sunday. They did not get to go trick or treating on Sunday but we did go to our wards trunk or treat on Saturday where they got plenty of candy. Keffords sister brought her husband and baby girl Brooke, who was an adorable bumble bee, and came with us. Though it was a bit chilly it was fun and we all loved the doughnuts and hot apple cider that was served afterwards. On Sunday Kelsey and Brit brought their kids over and Mikell came back with Brooke and we hung out and talked in between handing out candy to the few kids who came by. It was a fun and successful Halloween!

Oh and a little word on their costumes. Rylee really wanted to be a ballerina and she really wanted to wear her dance recital costume so that was easy! Avynlea wanted to be a cowgirl so we had her wear Rykers old cowboy boots, a skirt and shirt that she already had, I bought her the hat and I made her the cute vest to wear, she looked super cute! Ryker sould not decide on what he wanted to be so I finally suggested an army guy. He was cool with that so Kefford and I went to the DI and found some camo for him to wear. The only problem was they only had adult sizes. We bought it anyway and I cut them up and resewed them to fit. They turned out pretty cool and Kefford did his face paint! Kenedy wanted to be a vampire princess and so I came up with the design of the dress and sewed her up a cute dress to wear. I wanted the skirt to be more of a hoop but the boneing would not stay in a perfect circle. I had some material left over from the black so I fashioned her a little cape. The first pair of gloves I made her were way too small, they barely fit Avynlea, but the second pair fit just right and she really liked how they looked. Everybody loved their costumes and they all looked really cool and cute!