Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Elizabeth and Ryker!

Every year in the second week of November we get to go up to McCall to stay in the Timeshare condos. It is always loads of fun because lots of Keffords family is up there at the same time. This year the kids had the week off from school due to track break and Kefford took the week off from work so we got to go up on Monday. The Monday which also happened to be November 8th which just so happened to be mine and Rykers birthday!

Kefford went into work for a couple of hours that morning and he took Ryker with him. I told the kids when we all woke up that I was the birthday girl and I really wanted them to be obedient and nice to each other on my birthday. Did it happen? Not a chance. There were so many fights and arguments that it really was not a fun day. Darn kids! :0)

So we got up to McCall and after unpacking and hanging out we went out to Dinner. About a month and a half ago Kefford and I decided that we really needed to get into the habit of reading the scriptures together as a family every night. We have tried in the past and always for whatever reason stopped doing it. I told the kids that if we stuck to it for a month and read every night that we could go out for ice-cream. Kefford took it a step further and said forget the ice-cream he would take us all out to dinner as a family. The kids loved that idea and we started and we did it! So the dinner out in McCall was a birthday dinner but also a congratulatory dinner on a job well done for reading the scriptures every night without fail. We did let the kids know that we have to keep going, just because we had our dinner out does not mean we can quit. ;0)


After dinner we came home to open presents and eat some cake. Ryker is such an impatient little guy, all day long all he wanted to do and all he talked about was opening his presents. He was getting a bit upset that we kept telling him no and he had to wait till that night. I like the anticipation, the waiting is all part of the thrill for me and so I could not understand why he was so impatient. Finally we let the kid begin. He only got a couple little token gifts because this year he will be getting a birthday party and when we do parties I always spend a little more and make that the child's present from us. But we did not want Ryker to feel shafted on his birthday so Kefford and Kenedy went to the store and got him a couple of little items.




Man the waiting was killing this kid!

His first present was Nerf dart refills for his Nerf gun. We really should have thought ahead and packed his gun so he could have used the darts. Oh well.
Lego Car

A hug from Avynlea..so sweet!

A car kit to put together.

I think he liked it. :0)
Now that he had opened his presents it was time to move on to bigger and better things...my presents! :0)

Kefford got me gift cards to Victoria's Secret ( i have been wanting a pair of their pajamas and a new bra :0)), a gift card to the Nike store (so I could get some new workout tops), A BSU shirt and new Sketchers.

Not too shabby! :0)

I love these shoes. I have a pair just like it that are a beige color and they are so comfortable and so easy to wear. But I have had them and worn them for so long that they have a hole in the side of one of them. It still doesn't stop me from wearing them but it is fun to get a new pair in a different color!
After presents came cake but by that time I was on the phone with my Mom so we didn't sing of blow out candles but I did enjoy the yummy chocolate cake that Kenedy made. No pictures of the cake either. Oh well :0)

Me and my Birthday Boy!
This year is extra special in a couple of ways.. it is Rykers Baptism year and it is his hot number. Ryker turned 8 on the 8th! That only happens once in a lifetime so that was lots of fun!!
Rykers Favorites:
Dinner: hamburgers
Dessert: Cake
Candy: Smarties
Color: green
TV Show: Bakugan Brothers
Movie: Phantom of the Opera
Song: Batman
Toy: Bakugans
Book: Stink
Friend: Braden Irish
Church Song: Children holding hands around the world
Holiday: Christmas
about being 8: That he gets to be Baptized
5 things I love about Ryker:
1) He is a real sweetie and when he is in the mood he can be such a softy. there have been many times that he will come over and randomly give me a kiss or hug. It really makes my day! And if you have ever seen him around a baby you know that it is true. His soft side sure comes out for babies, he loves them!
2) He works really hard in school and likes to make his teacher proud. He got a not so great report on one of his projects which you could see in his face made him feel bad and so the next school project he had to do he worked really hard and did a perfect job!
3) He listens really well in Primary and always tells us the stories he has learned from his teacher. It has become almost a Sunday Dinner tradition to have Ryker tell us the story his teacher taught him that week. He soaks it all up like a sponge!
4) He is a good friend. He is always excited to see his friends and is very generous to them. Many times I have to stop Ryker from giving his things away. He always tells me it's ok and he wants to give to his friends. I love that he is so caring!
5) He is my only boy and he is all boy. He has a sensitive side but he is so rough and tumble that it all evens out.. for the most part :0) I love Ryker so much and I am so glad he is a part of our family. Life would not be complete without my boy!