Tuesday, July 27, 2010

the Los Angeles Temple

I have not been back to do a session in the LA Temple since I took my own endowments out 12 years ago. Since I was coming solo this trip to California I asked my Mom if we could go to the Temple so I could do a session. Of course she said yes. So on Friday Mom, Andrew and I picked up Erin at her place and headed out to the Temple. Andrew needed to visit the distribution center and while they did that I walked over to the Temple entrance to be by myself for a couple of minutes. I love the LA Temple. It is so big and so beautiful. I love that it is up on a hill and it just looks so majestic.


When I went through for myself 12 years ago the entire endowment stayed in one room. I was really happy to find out that they now go to different rooms throughout the endowment process and I loved that. I have never done that before and it definitely kept me interested. After our session we were in the Celestial room and I saw that the door to the Sealing room that Kefford and I were sealed in all those years ago was open. It was roped off but the door was open so I went over to take a look. The memories washed over me and i got a little teary eyed. It was so cool to see the place where Kefford and I were sealed for Eternity. Definitely the next time Kefford and I are together in California we need to come back and do a session together.

I had Andrew pretend that he was going to jump into the reflection pool that is in front of the temple. I think it would have been a better shot if he actually jumped into the pool. It would have made me happy at least!

Andrew was leaving for his mission in a couple of days and so I was happy that I could go through the Temple with him one last time before he left.









Me and my Mom!
Thanks Mom for taking me back to the Temple. I am sorry that the drive home took us 3 hours because of traffic but for me it was worth it to be with some of my family in that beautiful Building!