Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Beach Trip!!

On Thursday we packed up our towels and sand toys and headed over to the Pacific Ocean. :0)

I LOVE the beach. I love the sand, I love the salty air, I love the sound of the waves crashing. When I was growing up almost every summer my family would pack up our camping stuff and head to the beach for a week of camping. It was always so fun and I have a lot of glorious memories of our time together. One of my biggest bummers about living in Idaho is the lack of the Pacific Ocean. So you can bet i jumped all over a day at the beach while I was in California.


My sister-in-law, Anita, and I were standing at the shoreline watching the waves when a big one came and crashed on us getting us pretty wet. We decided that since we were already halfway wet we might as well take off our cover ups and get in the water. Brrr the water was cold, it always takes a while to get used to it but once the numbness sets in it is great! I had some fun in the water with Anita but let me tell you those waves were tearing me apart. They were so strong that day and I tried jumping them but then I would get pulled under and tossed around. So then I tried going under then but they would still catch me and flip me around. I finally had to call it quits and go in. I am glad we braved the water though, nobody else was brave enough. Ha!


See my crazy, frizzy beach dried hair? Fun stuff and oh so sexy right? hahaha Good thing I had my hat!


Me and my bestie Heather!

Erin, Elizabeth and Heather...I love my sisters!




















We got to the beach early so that we could claim one of the fire pits so we could do some roasting later. After some delicious roasted hot dogs it was time to break out the marshmallows!



I love mine caught on fire and turning black!





Don't want to get burned!



Now I can blow out the fire and eat my mallow!

I love the look of my nephew Dillans face behind me. hehehe






Even though my brother Jeremy couldn't be there I was really happy that his family came. Here I am saying goodbye to Anita, Jaylynn, Little Jeremy and Alec.
I had a wonderful time at the beach and am really glad that we made the time to go. Thanks Heather for planning it!!