Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The story of your birth: Rylee

Baby number 4 was due to arrive on March 18th. This pregnancy was a little different for one because it was not planned, for another we had no idea what sex the baby was. I told Kefford before the ultrasound I didn't think we should find out what the baby is so we could have a surprise delivery. He was absolutely not fond of that idea and quickly vetoed my suggestion. but during the ultrasound little baby 4 had the umbilical cord between its legs and would not show us what it was. So Mommy got her way after all! HA!

I was not too concerned about being induced super early with this baby. I was really hoping the baby would come on its own and about two weeks before my due date I had a big false alarm. On that Saturday night I started having contractions that were coming about 7 minutes apart. I thought for sure this was it and I shaved my legs, had the kids rub lotion on my belly and even called Keffords Mom to warn her that we might need her. So I went to bed with the contractions and waited for them to get harder and closer. Yeah so I woke up the next morning with nothing and realized it was false labor. Major bummer!

My Doctor scheduled my induction for March 16th and the morning of we went in. One of the Ladies in our ward, Clea Mefford, was a labor and delivery nurse and so she requested to be my nurse since she was working that day. it was so nice having her there, she was alot of fun and took really good care of me. After I had my waters break and I was hooked up to the pitocin I was given a big medicine ball to sit and bounce on to help me through the contractions. I tested positive for the strep thing and so I had the medicine in my IV and I was also given lots of fluids. While bouncing around on the ball I started to feel like I had to go to the bathroom really bad and I was leaking. I was told that all of that was probably from the contractions and my water leaking. So I kept bouncing and then I realized that, no, I was peeing all over the ball. So they quickly unhooked me and let me go to the bathroom. Oh boy was there a ton of pee that came out!

I finally got my epidural at 11:45 and then we just waited. We did spend the time trying to find a boys name that we liked. We already had a girls name but absolutely were struggling on finding a boys name. Finally at 2:45ish pm I was ready to start pushing and at 2:58 out came our new little girl. Although we were kinda hoping for another boy I was really happy to have my baby 4 be a girl because I loved the name we had chosen for our girl. Rylee Heather, Rylee because we just really liked the name and we chose to name her middle name Heather after my best friend who also happens to be my sister!
When she came out my doctor could not believe how heavy she was and wanted her weighed right away before she went to the bathroom so we could get the maximum weight. My little girl weighed in at 9 pounds 15 ounces! A 10 pound baby, what a claim to fame :0) Everyone was very impressed.

It got a little crazy then because Alison came with the other three kids. They were very excited to have a new little sister and wanted to hold her and love on her. We are very happy that Rylee joined our family, she is a sweetheart and we love her lots!
Rylee Heather Peterson
March 16, 2007
2:58 pm
9 ponds 15 ounces
21 inches long