Saturday, March 20, 2010

Get your Green on!

We started our St. Patricks day celebration wit Ryker setting up his Leprechaun trap the night before. I completely forgot to take a picture of it but I can describe it pretty good. He took the two silver bowls shown in the picture below and put them on the floor with a red towel over each. He then placed a quarter on top of one and a plastic crown on top of the other one. Ryker explained to me that when the Leprechaun jumps on the first bowl, if he doesn't fall in, then he will jump onto the second one and fall in. He said that the quarter and crown were placed on top because Leprechauns like shiny things.
The next morning we discovered the trap did not work and the Leprechaun flaunted his shrewdness with some mischief.
What a tricky Leprechaun we have.
We did get to keep the gold he accidentally dropped. Yay for us!
Oh my goodness
That silly Leprechaun even used our toilet leaving it green.
Cute little girls wearing their green.
I got to pull out my Ireland jacket and wear it for the day!
Of course I had to make a green dinner. I made corned beef in honor of Ireland and then made green biscuits, green mashed potatoes, green watergate salad and green kool-aid. Even our plates matched the theme!
Look at that angry Leprechaun lurking in the corner of the picture.
Oh it's just Rylee! hahaha

We had a fun day and hope next year we can catch that Leprechaun!