Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ashleigh Graduates

So I went to Utah for my sisters graduation and Thursday was the big entire university commencement thingie. It was fun watching all of the graduates march in and we even got to get a small glimpse of Ashleigh before she disappeared from view. President Uchtdorf was the main speaker and it was really neat to be able to listen to him in person.
I got his picture taken from the big monitor. You could hear all the old ladies in the audience give a little dreamy sigh when he got up! :)
Here are the siblings with the cute graduate!
Ashleigh the graduate with her proud Mama!
Oh baby!
Friday morning was the College Convocation and it was so great to see Ashleigh get her certificate. I have to admit I got a little teary eyed as she walked across the stage. I am so proud of her!
Elder Oaks was the guest speaker at this little graduation. He is one of my favorite Apostles and it was so cool to be sitting less then ten yards away from him. It was kinda comical to see all of the flashes going off when he stood up to speak so I went against the grain and took a picture of me instead! LOL
OK but then I took a picture of Elder Oaks. He is such a great man and so easy to listen to. I was hoping I could get my picture with him but that was not possible. They shut the curtains on the stage while we all filed out. Later as I was coming out of the bathroom I saw him down the corridor outside the glass doors getting a picture with some kids. I got so excited and started skipping/running/hopping to him with a big excited grin on my face, frantically pulling out my camera so I could ask for a picture. Maybe he saw the crazed girl coming to attack him cause right when I got to the doors he turned and went in a secret room. Oh how disappointed I was, but it's OK I did get to see him.
Elizabeth, Heather, Mom, Joshua, Ashleigh, Erin, Andrew and Emily
So excited for our little graduate!
Of course we can't be serious all of the time!