Sunday, November 26, 2023

Girls Night, Snow Fun and Kenedy and Ty speak in church

We wanted to do a girls night in Utah and we had that planned for Friday night. Stephanie and Mallory came over and us girls headed out for some fun. We went to get some dinner first for those who were hungry. I wasn't hungry at all so I just bought a pizza for Avynlea, Rylee and Kenedy to share. They were in a car together along with Isabelle and the rest of us, Me, Heather, Mallory, Stephanie and Emily, were in a car. We got to the food place first so I just ordered a pizza for my girls which they were grateful for. 

I wanted d to get a group picture at our table and Rylee was on the end so I had her take the picture. Per usual with Rylee she took pictures of herself before she took it seriously and got pictures of the group.

During her photo session water got spilled around Heather, I cannot remember how it happened but Rylee and Avynlea were quick to help clean it up.




And then we finally got a picture of us all.
l-r: Heather Elizabeth, Mallory, Emily, Isabelle, Stephanie, Kenedy, Avynlea and Rylee
After dinner we wandered around Target and Hobby Lobby. Emily was decorating the outside of her house to look like a pink gingerbread house for Christmas and she found a lot of decorations at Hobby Lobby that were too on theme for her to pass up. We got a picture of all of us again at the checkout stand. 

Kenedy was sending text messages to TY asking how their guys night was going and he was pretty bored with everyone either on their phones or watching a movie so he pulled up a football game on his computer and spent the evening watching that.
The next day we went over to Joshua's to hang out and we spent some time in the backyard playing in the snow with th littles. Well they played, I watched and took pictures. 


Leona showed me the tree her mom bought her for her room and then Avynlea modeled a Christmas vest that Mallory found in one of her boxes of decorations. Kefford, Rylee and I had to leave shortly thereafter to get back to Meridian, Kefford is in the bishopric and he felt a need to get back for church since he would be the only on in the Bishopric there. 
Avynlea's birthday present for me arrived and I got on FaceTime with her  so she could watch me open it. 
Avynlea got me a necklace that has the word Mom on it written in Japanese and I loved that gift so much. I asked her if I should put it on now and she said to wait until she starts her mission. I love that I have a necklace to wear that will remind me of her when she is off serving the people of Japan. I had a Texas necklace I wore while Ryker was on his mission and I love that Avynlea is continuing with the theme and making it a tradition.
I really wanted to stay in Utah till Sunday because Kenedy and Ty were speaking in church but since we couldn't I was grateful that I could watch them on zoom. They both did a really great job and Ty spoke more about his conversion story and I really loved hearing him talk about his experiences. I am so grateful that I was able to hear them speak and am again reminded of how the Lord blesses us through adversity. Covid was awful and not being able to go to church and the Temple and having so many restrictions was not fun but we got zoom meetings out of it and being able to still be a part of our family's church experiences is pretty great.