Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thanksgiving!

Kefford and I got to Emily's house pretty late and Isabelle and Ryker were the only ones awake to open the door for us, they were watching a movie. Kefford and I went to bed and when I got up I saw Heather sitting on the couch, it was fun to see her and to visit before everyone else got up. Mallory and Joshua were taking their kid swimming and invited everyone to go with them. I didn't know about it until it was too late to bring a swimsuit but I wanted to go so I sent a text to Mallory asking if she had one I could borrow, she did and I was able to join in on the swimming fun. The one I borrowed was her skeleton suit and it was pretty funny to me. I remember her wearing it and it was fun to now be wearing it, I sent a picture to Kefford and he said it still looks weird to him but I didn't mind. At one point Heather and I were in the Hot Tub and there was an old man in it with us. He asked me if I spoke Spanish and I told him no so he asked Heather if she spoke Spanish which she confirmed that she did a little. He then told her to ask me something and he said a phrase in Spanish. Heather started laughing and told me he wanted to know if I had a boyfriend. I started laughing and said no but I was married. By this time Andrew joined us in the Hot Tub so Heather and I made our escape while the old man was talking to Andrew. After a while we noticed the old man was still talking to Andrew so we sent Amos over to tell his Uncle that he wanted him to swim with him, he just looked like he needed rescuing.
After swimming I wasn't wanting to wash my hair because I had plans to wash it the next day in preparation for family pictures which was happening on Friday. But I have been wanting to try out my natural curl again so I had Emily show my the curly girl method she uses and I did my hair curly. I wasn't thrilled with it, to me it looked like a bad perm but Stephanie said it was really cute and she liked it. It was a little bit of a shock for Ryker who has never seen me with my natural curl and he was surprised by it.

Elizabeth and Leona
Thanksgiving morning the kids all played Rock Band downstairs. I was down there with Kefford and Heather watching them and Tyler had Kefford sing along with him. Breana was there with her family and we got to see her new baby Quinn and Kefford and I played with Leonidas and Leona for a while. Leonidas is Breana's older boy. He is a pretty cute little guy and very solemn, it took us a bit but we were able to get him to smile which was fun and pretty rewarding.
Tyler, Rylee and Avynlea

Tyler and Kefford
Elizabeth, Ryker, Amos and Heather

Leona and Kefford
Leonidas and Kefford
Leona
Thanksgiving dinner was a lot of fun and super yummy, it is always fun to celebrate this holiday with my family. After we ate we took pictures of the little kids and then all of us together.
top pic: Fredrick, Amos, Quinn, Leonidas and Leona

standing: Ryker, Andrew, Kenedy, Tyler, Matt, Emily, Isabelle, Ben, Breana, Joshua and Anthony
kneeling: Kefford, Elizabeth, Avynlea, Heather, Rylee, Mallory and Stephanie
on bench: Fredrick, Quinn, Amos, Leonidas and Leona

Isabelle, Andrew, Kenedy and Avynlea took a picture together as well.

The California Lutes's had Thanksgiving at Mary Beth's and Ashleighs in-laws were there to join them as well. After they were done they took a group photo and then took another one because some more family showed up.

bottom picture
standing: Jeremy, Jan (Ashleigh's mother-in-law), Philip (Ashleigh's brother-in-law), Jeremy, Alec, Mary Beth Stevens, Andrew Brown and Adam Stevens
sitting: Atticus, Ashleigh, Abigail, Bonnie, Erin, Anita, Jaylynn and Pa (Ashleigh's father-in-law)