Friday, November 17, 2023

Fishing, Feet Detoxing and Pumpkin Puree

Kefford got to take a morning and go fishing with his Uncle Brad. He had a good time and I love the pictures he brought back for me


Feeling grateful again for Covid enabling Wards to use Zoom for their meetings. I was able to watch Ashleighs primary do their sacrament meeting program and got to see Atticus as he did his part. He did awesome and I love being able to be a part of it.
I wore the earrings Stephanie gave me for my birthday because they matched the dress I was wearing really well. I took a picture so I could send it to her so she could see them in use.

Last year at the end of year recital my Tiny Tots moms gifted me a pedicure and foot detox at a Spa in Eagle. I just had my toes done so I didn't use it right away and planned to use it over the summer. Over the summer I hurt one of my toes and it resulted in my toenail falling off. So I decided I needed to wait until my toenail grew back. Which brings us to November and the gift certificate expiring on the 15th so I needed to use it, luckily my toenail had grown in and I was ready to go. I have never done a foot detox before and did not even know what it was so I was curious about what was going to happen. Turns out they stick your feet in a bath of water with a pump like device in the water with a cord that attaches to your wrist. It is supposed to have magnets or something in it and it pulls all of the toxins from your feet. I took a picture of the explanations and the water throughout my 30 minute detox. The water progressively got darker and darker and by the end of the detox it looked pretty gross and really disgusting. Do I think it really was pulling toxins from my feet...not a chance. I am not a believer and would never pay for this on my own. I think the little black device was putting stuff in the water. Maybe it really was doing something but I am very doubtful.




I signed up to make a pumpkin cake for Thanksgiving and when I went to make my cake I realized I didn't have any cans of pumpkin puree. I was frustrated about needing to go to the store but then Kefford said why didn't I use one of the pumpkins on our porch and make my own puree. I thought that was a great idea and I looked up how to do it and I did it. It was actually pretty easy and I was really excited that it worked and I successfully made a pumpkin puree that I used to make a cake and I even had enough puree over that I was able to freeze it for later.