Saturday, February 18, 2023

Kenedy turns 23

 I did not get any pictures of Kenedy from her 23rd birthday, but I still wanted to write my traditional 5 things I love about Kenedy for her birthday.


5 things I love about Kenedy

1. I love that Kenedy got her teaching degree. She is the first one in our little family to get her Bachelors degree including Kefford and I and I love that she stuck with it and got it done. Her four years of college was not always easy, the covid shutdowns happened in the middle of it and so she had to do online school which was hard and then getting back to in classroom learning was a slow process. She is such a good example for her younger siblings of getting her degree and I am so proud of her.

2. I love that Kenedy is teaching Kindergarten and I know she is such a cute and awesome teacher. She applied for teaching positions at different schools but was really hoping to get a job at Eastwood Elementary in Salt Lake City and she was hired there to teach Kindergarten! After her interview she was told it would take about a week for them to come to a decision and let her know but she got a call offering her the job within the hour of her interview which was fun! 

3. I love how relaxed Kenedy is with wedding planning. She has her ideas and things she wants but she is not a Bridezilla at all. She is super chill about everything and I love how non-stress she is helping with the planning. She is accepting of the budget and is helpful with giving ideas in keeping things less expensive.

4. I love how spiritual Kenedy is. She loves going to the Temple and really tries hard to stay close to her Heavenly Father. She lets her light shine and attends church every week. I love how good of an example she is for Ty who is still new in the Gospel and know she will raise her kids in the church and be a constant example to them of loving and following her Savior.

5. I love that Kenedy wants to eventually live in Idaho close to us. She has always talked about wanting to move and live somewhere else which would make me sad. For the past year or so she has changed her thinking and now she wanted to live closer to us and has talked about eventually settling down in Eagle. Who knows what the future brings for her and Ty, they could end up in a lot of different places depending on what he does for work but I love that Kenedy has seen the value and found the desire in living close to her family.