Saturday, February 25, 2023

Basketball road to State Playoffs

Basketball games are now played to try to get to the District championships and then to get into the bracket for State Playoffs. Meridian played a game against Owyhee and Avynlea was cheering so I went to watch. Meridian lost the game which was a bummer but they had another game against Eagle the next night which if they won would put them in the State Playoffs bracket.



Avynlea had Fierce practice and was only able to be at the Meridian vs Eagle game for about half of it. I was at Mutual that nigh,t we were combined with the younger group and Jess was watching the game on her phone. Her nephew plays for Eagle and since she had the game on I was watching with her. It was such a close game and Meridian ended up barely losing which was so sad. That means Meridian now has to travel to Grangeville to play Lewiston to earn their spot in the bracket for State. Avynlea went with Sadie and her Mom to watch the game. I wanted to go but found out Granville is 4 hour from here and I did not want to travel 8 hours in one day for a basketball game. I told Avynlea to keep me up to date and these were the stats she sent..

end of 1st quarter Meridian 10 Lewiston 18
Halftime M 26 L 28
3rd Quarter M 41 L 43

It was such a close game and the suspense was killing me but the final score was...

Meridian 55 Lewiston 54

We made it into the State Playoffs Bracket!!!!

Avynlea was so excited and so was I, I was so glad she was able to be at the game and she said it was so tense and she was so stressed but when they won she could not stop shaking she was so excited and she almost cried!

We will now play Owyhee in the first game of the State playoffs which does not bode well for us because they are the district champions and they won State last year but at least we made it to the playoffs. I am also glad that Avynlea's High School cheer career is not over quite yet!