Thursday, June 30, 2022

Utah: Days 5, 6 and 7


First we had to have breakfast and I gave the kids chocolate muffins and bananas with their milk. 
When Emily got their we put on our shoes and went for a walk. Amos and Fred rode their peddle bikes and we out Leona in the stroller and had Wyndemere on his leash. Amos got tired of walking pretty quickly but we got him to continue on with us and once we got to this dead end we took some pictures and then turned around to head back to the house.

It was a beautiful morning so Emily and I pulled out some camping chairs to sit in the front and watch the kids play with chalk. They have rocket stomper that they were playing with and ket making it fly higher and higher. After a while the sprinklers came on and the kids started playing in the sprinklers. I didn't mind them getting their clothes wet at least they were having fun. After a while they started t get cold so they laid in the warm sun to dry up.
After naps we watched a couple of shows, Leona cuddled with me and Fred was so cute laughing at what he was watching. Once we rested from our nap and quiet time we packed some snacks, got in the car and headed to go check out and explore Emilys new school.
They liked the chair Emily had in her classroom and all took turns sitting in it. Then it was off to explore the teachers lung which was pretty fancy with an ice machine, feet and back massagers and a cool cafe style kitchen. There was a swinging chair in the room that was fun for the kids as well.

The mascot for Emilys school is a Raptor and we enjoyed checking out the life-size Raptor they had on display. We played out on the playground for a bit and then headed home for dinner. 
The next morning I pulled out the little pool and filled it with warm water from the kitchen. The kids had a lot of fun playing in the water but once it cooled they got really cold and started shivering. We wrapped them in towels and then got them changed. Fred got really upset about something and threw a fit at Emily and when I came out after taking Leona and Amos in I was able to get him calmed down and we decided we all needed a break so we put on the Cars movie and let them chill for a little bit. Amos was stated to act up a little throughout the day and we knew that they were done and ready for their parents to get home.
Andrew was home this day so during nap time Emily, Isabelle and I went to check out where Isabelle was going to stay when she started college in the fall and then we went to Chick-fil-a for lunch and then Savors. I found some swimming suits and sandals for Rylee and then I sent a picture of the June b jones books I found so Rylee could tell me which ones I already had.
We decided to go out to eat at a place Fred and Amos had been wanting to go to, I can't remember the name but we met Emilys family there which was fun. While we were driving there it started raining and it got really stormy, it made it hard for me to see and I was a little scared driving though it. Once it was time to leave the restaurant I had Andrew drive home which felt much better.
That night Joshua and Mallory came home. I did all of the kids laundry and washed josh's bed sheets, packed up my stuff and moved out of their room. I slept in the office that night so when they got home at 2 in the morning they had a bed to sleep in. The next morning I visited with them for a bit and while we were doing that Dustin dropped of Isabelle and Audrey and a family friend dropped off Brielle all three needed rides to Meridian where they got picked up by Alison for Audrey and Isabelle and Brit who got Brielle.
Fred was super clingy to me and would not let me out of his sight. When I had to go to the bathroom he followed me in and any time I was sitting he was on my lap. At one point I went out to put something in the car and when I came back in he was crying and very upset. Mallory said he thought I had left already. When it was time for me to leave I gave hugs and kisses and we talked about us seeing each other soon at our Lutes family camping trip. The goodbyes were not too hard. I love those three kids and had ups and downs while watching them but mostly ups and I would watch them again in a heartbeat, all three have my heart 
I had bought a sonic lemonade the night before for the ride home and 20 minutes into the drive it slipped out of my hand and I got lemonade all over me, I was a sticky mess. I suffered through it until I found a rest stop where I changed my clothes and cleaned myself off.