Friday, June 24, 2022

Utah: First Day

Mallory and Joshua asked me back in January if I would be willing to come and stay at their house for a week or so in June or July and watch their kids while they went on an anniversary trip. I told them I absolutely would but I had a few things going on during those moths so it needed to work with my schedule. I sent them the dates I would be busy and eventually they let me know they were going to leave the night of June 23rd and come back the night of June 30th. That worked for me and the dates were set.

I drove down the morning of June 23rd so that I could be with Joshua and Mallory for at least half a day before they left and I could go over the schedule and days with them. Mallory made me a list of activities, meal ideas and their daily schedule on google sheets which I printed out and had with me to help me get through the days. Andrew lives with Joshua for now but he was working every day and Emily who lives close by was on a camping trip with her family until Sunday so it was just me and the three kid for a couple of days. I didn't mind, I have experience and knew we would be ok. 

I slept in Joshua and Mallorys room and Friday morning I woke up at about 6n so I could get myself ready before the kid got up. I made sure to be ready before they got up because I did not feel I could leave them alone at all to get my self ready, I needed to always be with them. If it were my own kids it would have been different but watching my brothers kids I felt I couldn't leave them alone.
I liked what I did with my hair that morning and so I took a picture of it. The bow scrunch is just so cute.
I thought Leona would have hard time with me coming in to get her when she woke up in the morning and after nap time but she never seemed bothered by it being me and not her parents and was always so chill. I forgot that I would have wyndemere as well as the kids and he was my couch buddy that morning sitting right by me.
Once the kids were up, they got their rooms cleaned up, got dressed and had breakfast and then I packed some snacks. loaded them p into the car and went to the park. We parked oh the side of the street and when I took the kids out I noticed the house we park by had flags in their yard and I had Amos, Fred and Leona all sit by their favorite color so I could keep them safe while I unloaded our stuff.
The park we went to had two different play structures and the kids mostly stayed at the smaller one which was helpful for me to keep an eye on them. Everyone once in a while Amos and/or Fred would go over to the bigger one to play on which made me nervous because I couldn't see them as well. For the most part they stayed by the smaller one so I didn't have to worry too much.
Amos found a bug and brought it over to show my and Leona, he was pretty pleased about it.
I tried to take pictures so I could send them to Joshua and Mallory every day. Leona ws looking so cute sitting next to me on the bench eating her snack. Leona was the easiest kid to take pictures of because she usually stayed close, Fred was the hardest because he is a whirlwind and was everywhere and on the move at all times.
Their were vendors setting up their things at the park and once the kids were done playing we walked around and looked at what they were selling. One person was selling ceramic items for painting and they were cheap enough that I let each kid pick one to paint later. Amos got a car, Fred got a dragonfly an Leona got a ladybug. A christian church booth was given ing away balloon animals and all three of the kids picked flower balloons in different colors. Once we were done we picked up some food from
 Chick-fil-a and then headed home for lunch and nap/quiet time.

After quiet time the kids and I went outside to hang out and play in the backyard. Joshua has a big pile of sand that the kids had fun playing in. Some of the sprinklers were going off and so the kids were soon taking handfuls of sand and getting them wet in the water. The sand was very fine almost sider like and the water would make it almost disappear. Basically the kids were making big messes but were having. lot of fun doing it. Andrew came home while we were out there and once we had our fill of playing we went inside to clean up and eat dinner. I had the kids strip down outside because I didn't want them to track the mess inside. 
After dinner they got into their pajamas and we read stories, watched 10 minutes of the Last Unicorn, brushed teeth and then I put the kids to bed.