Sunday, June 26, 2022

Utah: Days 2 and 3



On Saturday after the kids got up and we did the morning routine we headed to Spanish Fork to go visit Dustin's family. They had a new baby and I haven't seen him yet, I also had some gifts to give to them. On the way their I stopped at Blox to pick up some desserts I had ordered. I heard about their yummy treats but because they are in Utah I haven't been able to try them. 

At Dustins house the only picture I got was of Leona laying in their camping mat. Isabelle and Audrey just returned from Girls camp and were in the process of getting their stuff put away. The kids played outside on their trampoline and at one point I had to go out their and rescue Amos, he got his head stuck between the springs and was very panicked about it. I just pulled the springs apart so he could slip his head out, not a big deal. After a couple of hours we had to go and I stopped at McDonalds to get them some food since they were really hungry and it was lunch time.
After nap time they got to watch a couple of TV shows and Fred looked so cute watching his show. I had put the Blox box of treats in the room with my suitcase and put some clothes on top of t to get it out of the way and hide it from prying hands... forgot about the dog and his ability to sniff yummy treats out. I had eaten a little bit of the peanut butter cookie I got before putting it away and was looking forward to trying out the other yummy treats later. Later in the day after naps I went into Joshuas room to put something away and wondered why the carpet felt wet under my feet, it was right next to my suitcase and I noticed my clothes looked al little ruffled and then I sotted the blox box and it looked like someone sat on it. I opened it u to discover that half the treats had been eaten and the other half the toppings had been licked off! Wyndemere had sniffed out the box and devoured what he could and licked what he couldn't. I was not very happy and had to throw the entire box away.
The next morning was Sunday and I got myself ready and then once the kids were up got them ready for church. as we were coming out I saw that Wyndemere had left piles of diarrhea all over the carpet. I sent a text to Joshua asking him what to do and he called me and told me they had a carpet shampoo vacuum that I could use. I set the kids up at the counter with crayons and aper and turned on LDS color with me to keep them occupied while I cleaned up the mess. I first put on Joshuas cleaning gloves and using paper towels picked up what I Could, I was serious gagging and dry heaving the entire time, it was pretty bad. Then I got the carpet shampooer and shampooed the carpet. Once I was done you could not tell that anything had happened. I figured the dog got sick because of the treats he stole from me, first he ate my treats and then he stuck the knife in further by getting sick all over the carpet. Andrew had to work that weekend which is why he wasn't around to help me.
We made it to church and sacrament meeting went pretty good. The kids were able to keep themselves occupied and were fairly quiet. After the meeting I walked Leona to Nursery and she went in really well. I walked Fred and Amos to the primary room and Amos went and sat with his class but Fred got suer clingy, grabbed my hand and started crying saying he didn't want me to leave. I told him I would stay in the room with him and I sat behind his class. He did great and when it was time for them to leave to class I sat in my chair and let him go with his teacher. Shortly after they left the room he came running back in crying for me. I decided it wasn't a big deal to go to his class with him so I did. I think this was his way of showing he was not ok with his parents being gone. I sat in is primary class and when church was done we collected Amos and Leona and headed home.