Saturday, November 27, 2021

Thanksgiving Week

Ahh Thanksgiving Week, the time spent with loved ones, eating good food and being thankful. At least that is what it should be, but definitely not what my experience was. 
On Monday I started feeling a little under the weather but nothing too bad. We have been promising the Heslop girls a play date and set one up for that day since everyone was off from school. Rylee was doing her scheduled driving to get her permit and after I picked her up we hurried home where we found the girls with Avynlea starting to decorate sugar cookies. They had a lot of fun doing that and then once they were done decorating and eating cookies they played game with Avynlea and Rylee. Avy got out some of her Calico Critters so they could play with them and they all just had fun. After a couple of hours of fun we took them home and then came home to chill out.

Genni, Emmaline, Rylee, Hazel, Avynlea and Catherine


Tuesday I started to feel worse and by Wednesday I was coughing, had a runny nose which was also super congested and I had serious pressure and pain in my sinuses. We were supposed to leave that afternoon to spend Thanksgiving in Utah but I was so sick I did not want to travel and spread my germs. After doing a lot of crying I called my family to let them know what was going on. Kenedy was already there and I really wanted to be there as well. I told them that as of now we were not going to be able to make it but we would reevaluate the next morning and if I was feeling better we would drive down in the morning. After that I did a lot more crying and spent a lot of time feeling sick and sorry for myself.
Rylee had three drives to do with the instructor and on the last drive a parent had to come along. Kefford was working and was not able to and when I went that morning to take Rylee I told her instructor Lexoe that I was really sick and did I really have to go on the drive. She said I really had to and it was ok to be in the car with them even thought I was sick. I wore a mask as did Lexie and I brought along tissues and gatorade to help me get through the two hours of driving. I felt bad every time I had a coughing fit but she seemed cool with it and hopefully she didn't get sick.
Once we were done with the drive Rylee got her Permit and she is now officially a permitted driver, Heaven help us all.

After the drive we went back home and I went back to bed where I did more crying and more feeling sorry for myself. Thursday morning I knew we were not going to be able to go and I felt terrible. I was disappointed for myself and for my girls who were really excited to be with their Utah family. I let my family know and then I went back to bed. I was sad but not miserable sad, I had already come to terms with not being able to go and it was not ok but it was ok. Kefford took Rylee and Avynlea to his parents for Thanksgiving where they got to eat dinner with Bob and Alison, Kelseys family and also Trevors family. I am glad that they were able to have somewhere to go and they did bring me home some dinner which was nice.
Ryker called that morning and it was good to talk with him. He had a lot of appointments for dinners and was able to eat basically all day. Avynlea took a screen shot of the two of them while they were talking ad Ryker sent a picture of the Christmas tree in their apartment.



Friday morning I was finally feeling a bit better and Kefford and I woke up the girls nice and early to go do some Black Friday shopping. They each had a foster child name to get Christmas presents for and it was fun for them to think of others who are in need. Avynlea had a girl who was 14 and she got her a curling iron, crocs and a gift card to American Eagle. Rylee had a girl who was 8 and she bought her barbies, pajamas and a gift card to build-a-bear. All of the items we bought them were the ones they asked for which made it easy to pick stuff out.