Saturday, November 20, 2021

Abigail Merle Brown

The night we got back from our Disney Day Ashleigh finally decided to go into labor! I was so excited that Abigail was finally going to make an entrance and that hopefully I would be able to see her. I was getting nervous that I would have to leave before I got to meet the reason I went in the first place. 
Emily was staying the night at Mom's because she was so tired after our Disney day that she didn't have it in her to drive to Ashleighs. We got the call in the middle of the night so Emily left to be with Atticus while his parents went to the hospital. 
In the morning mom and I met up with Emily and the big brother to be at Target and then we stopped at Costco to get a couple of items and then we ate pizza and ice cream at the food court. I had told Atticus a couple of days before that I would take him to get some ice cream and he did not let me forget that promise.
I got a bubble wand at Disney land and later that day I took Atticus into the backyard to play with the bubbles. 
After all day of trying to get the baby pushed out it was deemed necessary to have a c-section and finally little Abigail Merle was born. We were so excited to get a picture of the sweet baby and once again I was worried that I would not be able to meet her in person because with the covid restrictions I wasn't sure we were welcome in the hospital and I knew ashleigh would not get released before I had to leave.
 
The next morning we found out one visitor at a time was allowed in as long as we had our vaccination card and so Emily, Heather and I headed over to the hospital to meet our newest nice. We Brough Atticus so that Andrew Brown could take him out for lunch and to spend some time together. While he was gone I was able to go in first and see the little chunk. She did not appreciate being picked up and squared about it a little but but then she calmed down and she just studied me. I was amazed with how intent she was watching me and I loved the bonding time. I stayed for about 20 minutes and then I went out so that Emily and then Heather could go in.

That night I played outside with Atticus some more and then I gave him a bath because ehe was filthy from the trampoline. He enjoyed having me squirt him with the water bottle and I had fun playing with him and making him laugh.
The next morning I went with Heather to mail a package she was sending to Ryker and then we ran a couple of errands including stopping in at savors to get my Mom a walker because she has been having more trouble walking. She needs a hip replacement and has been waiting quite a while for one.
After all of our errands were done I headed over to the hospital to see Ashleigh and my niece one more time before I left that afternoon. She is just darling and I am so glad that I was able to see her before I had to leave not being able to would have been heartbreaking.