Tuesday, November 16, 2021

California Bound!

Ashleigh's baby was due November 6th and about a month ago I found out that Emily was going to go down the week of the 13th to help the browns out with their new baby. I didn't want to be left out and thought it would be fun to go down at the same time and found some really cheap plane tickets so I booked them and was set to go. I didn't tell Ashleigh I was coming because I thought it would be a fun surprise. 
I wore the shirt that Brit gave me for my birthday to travel to California, it is super cute and very fitting for me :)
Stephanie and Mom picked me up from the airport and we went to get some Crumbl cookies to take to Ashleigh's apartment. When we got there I wanted a good surprise moment so I waited around the corner while Mom and Stephanie went inside. After a couple of minutes I squat walked around the corner to their front door. Their back patio faces the walkway to get to the front door and they had the blinds open on their glass doors so I had to squat walk to get cover from the low wall surrounding their back porch so they wouldn't see me. I knocked on the door and covered the peep hole so the surprise wouldn't be blown and waited while Atticus opened the door. I could hear him trying and them coaching him. As soon as it was opened I said surprise and Atticus and Andrew Brown who were by the door both shouted out "Elizabeth!". I spotted Ashleigh on the couch and she was so surprised and so happy she started crying, it was a good surprise!
We spent the afternoon visiting with Ashleigh and her family and after a while Erin came over, Heather came over and then Emily showed up from Utah, it was a sisters party and so much fun to be all together. Ashleigh hadn't had her baby yet, the little stinker, so we were all keeping a watch on her to see if anything was going to happen. 
I helped Atticus on the potty and I told him if he went poop that we could go on a walk. After a little bit he did it and so I took him outside for some exploring. He showed me the sewer drain, his secret path and how to stomp berries, it was a lot of fun and I was really enjoying the warm sunshine.
Before we all left I wanted a picture of the sisters so I gamey phone to Andrew Brown so he could take some for us which he did, right after taking a picture of himself :)
Atticus wanted to be a part of it so we let him join for a few


Ryker told me about a month ago that he was asked by one of the Sister missionaries if he would help out the ward primary program by playing the piano for some of the songs. He was hesitant about it but I was so excited that he had the opportunity and told him he should do it. He was worried about not having enough practice time since he could only practice on his P-days but I knew the Lord would help him if he practiced when he could.
He decided to do it and he sent me the link so I could watch. 
My Mama heart was bursting with pride as I watched him play the piano. This is exactly what I dreamed of for him as I paid for all those years of piano lessons and I am thrilled that he was able to put his talent to use. He did a really great job and I was excited to also be able to listen to him give a short talk on missionary work for the program. I m so grateful that I had this opportunity to be able to watch him while on his mission and hope he is continually blessed with opportunities to become a better piano player while serving.



Sunday we celebrated Atticus's birthday and he got a set of PJ Mask costumes from his parents that he was really excited about. His favorite PJ Mask is Owlet because red is his favorite color and he looked so cute in his little costume.
Kefford sent me a picture of one of his newest patients. I was excited that my dance friend Courtney took her daughter Maddie to his office. She told me that she had not idea that is was his office and picked one close to her house. Maddie looks so cute with her new hardware and I think I need to make a visit soon to see Maddie and Courtney, it has been too long