Friday, November 12, 2021

State Semi Finals


Paige, Avynlea and Natalie

Meridian Football made it to the semi finals!!! So fun! For the semi finals we played against Rigby and it was a hard fought game by both sides. It was back and forth the entire game and went into triple overtime where Rigby took the win 55-49. It was a crushing disappointment but Meridian played so well and fought so hard that we have to be proud of them for their efforts. 

Kenedy came home for the weekend so she could see us but more so she could come to the game. It was a lot of fun to have her here with us and I loved cheering and getting into the spirit of the game with her.

This was the first time Meridian has been in the semi finals in a verrrry long time may be ever and the stadium was packed. We were luck to have it be a home game and they had to bring out extra bleachers and place them at the end zone for more seating because of all the fans that came out for this game. Luckily I got to the game early enough that I was able to get a pretty decent seat. 
I had such a good time and am a little bummed that football season is done. I have loved being at the football games cheering on my cheerleader and the football team. I don't want to think about next year being our last year a Meridian High....*crying*