Sunday, November 25, 2018

Thanksgiving

The Robertsons plus Breana came to our house for Thanksgiving this year along with Alyssa and Kenedy home from college and we had a lot of fun. Isabelle asked if I would do her hair for Thanksgiving and I gave her a fancy hairdo. It is a bow split pulled out french braid into a bun and it looked so cute. She has a lot of hair which was really fun to work with. I also had Emily helping me make bear ears and tails for one of my dance classes which you can see a little bit of in the picture on the right. I think in that picture Avynlea and Isabelle were doing their nails, there was a bit of that going on this Thanksgiving break.
Kenedy and Kefford did their annual Turkey carving, I like that it is now a tradition for them to do it together and we got some pretty great pictures of them carving and goofing off for the camera. As you can tell by the selfie Rylee took the top 4 pictures before I took the phone from her and took some pictures because Kenedy didn't think she was doing it right.


The dinner was really good and I did not take any pictures of the meal or of us eating but we do have these two after dinner selfies. :)
After trying to sleep upstairs with all of the girls Rylee finally came down and slept on the floor in my room. She wanted to sleep and the other girls wanted to stay up talking so she found a great solution. Breana stayed in Rylee's room while they were here and I am pretty sure Rylee was very happy to get her room back when they left. 
Ryker and Ben had an enjoyable time playing Zelda Monopoly during Thanksgiving break. With Matt and Emily sleeping in his room and Isabelle and Avynlea sleeping in the TV room upstairs Ryker and Ben made the office their bedroom. I tried having them sleep in the closet under the stairs but it seems they are now too big for that small space, bummer.
After dinner was eaten and cleaned up us girls went to Target, Old Navy and Bath and Body Works for some Black Friday Shopping. The next day we also went to American Eagle and H&M where we found some great deals. Rylee was not wanting to go with us at first but at the last minute decided to come along and she had more fun then she thought she would. I was glad she came and I got to have all three of my girls with me, it was so much fun! We shopped and talked and laughed and enjoyed all the good times.
After we got back home we all hung out in the Living Room playing games like "peep, chick, peep" and "Do what I do" and having more fun.
Rylee and Kefford spent time on her Kindle rather then playing the group games with us but that is just fine with me, they were in the room with us and that counts for together time

Saturday Bailey had invited Ryker to go motorcycle riding with him, Ryker wanted Ben to go also and so the four-wheeler was loaded up for Ben to ride. They had a good time and it was fun for them to get out and ride around



Later that night we went to Scentsy headquarters to check out the light tunnel I have been hearing so much about. It was a little bit of a line to get in, just because everyone would stop at the entrance to take pictures, but not too long of a wait and it was fun to walk through the lights. 



After we were done walking through the tunnel the kids took turns rolling down the hill. Kenedy and Avynlea made me laugh with their Princess Bride impressions while going down. I was taking a lot of video but no pictures, it was too dark outside with no lights around us to see much anyway and I am pretty sure all the video saw was blackness with sound. Oh well, the memories are there.
The next morning was Sunday and everyone went to church with us which was fun. We took one big group picture before sacrament meeting and then Emily and I snuck a selfie when we saw our dresses together were Christmas colors

The Robertsons and Breana left pretty close to right after church and then after dinner I took Kenedy and Alyssa to the gas station to meet their ride back to Rexburg.
As always I had a really fun Thanksgiving holiday with my family and am always sad when everyone leaves but can look forward to seeing them all again soon.