Saturday, November 10, 2018

Happy Birthday Elizabeth and Ryker!

Jessica does really cute painted signs and for Lana and my birthdays she had us come over and make signs of our own. We had previously picked out our quotes and she had everything ready for us for when we arrived. We applied the vinyl template and did all of the painting and the entire time I had my doubt about how this was going to turn out. I was not confident in my painting skills at all. But Jessica kept reassuring both of us that they were going to be great and she was right. When I took the vinyl of my end product I really was amazed with how great it looked. This was a fun birthday gift and I hope we can do this every year;)

Kefford offered to take us out to eat for our Birthday dinner and we went to my new favorite place..Tin Roof Tacos! I love their food! We did not have a lot of time because Ryker had his National Honor Society Induction ceremony that night and I was going to be taking him to it. 
Ryker tried to get into the NJHS in Middle School and was really bummed out when they turned him down. He had the grades and the service I just think his application needed more finesse. He was really excited when he was accepted into the NHS which is the one that counts and now he can finally let the past rejection go. 
The ceremony was really short which was great! They had a couple short speakers and then they called the kids up one by one to get their pin and certificate, shake the officers hands and then sign their name in the book. 

I am really happy that Ryker was able to be inducted into the National Honor Society. It shows the kind of person he is, hard working, reliable, honest, friendly...the list could go on and on, he really is a great person.
After the ceremony we took a few pictures and then headed back home to finish celebrating our Birthdays.
First up was present opening. I got the cute hat from Heather, The shirt from my Mom and the jack connector and charging pad from Kefford and the kids
Ryker got candy and Money from his Grandma Bonnie and a Nike Jacket from his family
See's candy from my Mom and shoes from Kefford and the kids. While Ryker got a Zelda monopoly game
I got this super cute mermaid tail blanket from Brit which Rylee was happy to try on and model for me

After the gift giving it was cake time! when I asked Ryker what kind of cake he wanted he responded with chocolate. I was more then ok with chocolate and I love texas sheet cake so that is what I made. Cake is delicious!


The new Nutcracker movie came out and Cyndi treated all of us dance teachers that Friday to go and watch the movie together. It was a cute movie and it turned out to be a sequel to the original nutcracker so that was fun. I made all of the teachers pose for a picture after because we always say we will but it never happens. This time I made it happen :)
Brigitte, Cyndi, Elizabeth, Holly, McKayla, Caitlin, Riley and Stephany
I had dance last night and Brooke has been taking Friday night classes with us for the past 5 years at least. Until this year, she decided to try something else and it is really sad not to have her cute face around the studio. We discovered early on that we share the same birthday and we call each other birthday buddies and it is always fun to se each other for our birthdays. I was really happy when she came to the studio the Friday of our birthday week and I made her take a birthday picture with me. She is the best!
Friday night we also had Ryker's friend party. He is super low key and did not want anything huge so he just invited some friends over to hang out and play games. I made cupcake and we had ice cream. It was the perfect party for Ryker

 Maya, Addie, Hannah, Porter, Ryker, Sam, Nathan, Matthew, Aubrey, Shandel, Ali, Emma, Annika and Echo