Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Family Fun

I took Avynlea to Nampa to go to JC Pennys for some back to school shopping. While we were out there I thought it would be fun to check out Stella's Ice Cream shop home of the donut humps. I have seen this place on instagram and have heard from friends about how good it is and so we had to try it out. Avynlea got a waffle bowl with some ice cream in it while I went for the donut hump. The donut hump is basically an ice cream sandwich using a donut as the sandwich part. 
My overall review of the hump is that it tasted good but with every bite I felt like a big fatty eating ice cream and a donut at the same time. I couldn't get out of my head how many calories this could possibly be and how unhealthy it was. It was just a lot. I only ate about half before I called it quits and took the rest home for the freezer and another day. I don't know that I could eat another one of those again, it was really too much sugar. But I did have fun hanging out with my Avynlea.

 My friend Angela Kashyap just bought a boat and she invited me and my girls along with our friend Michelle Ray and her kids to come boating out at Lake Lowell. Avynlea was the only one available to come with me and so we packed some snacks and headed out for a couple of hours on the lake. 
When we got there Angela was already in the water with her kids and I noticed a sign that was posted with an Ecoli warning. I was a little hesitant but everyone else seemed ok with the possibility that we were swimming in Ecoli so I went along with it. 
I had a lot of fun sitting in the boat and chatting with Michelle and Angela while Angela pulled the kids around on the tubes.

 Emma Kashyap, Avynlea and Natalie Kashyap

Angela talked Michelle and I into going one time on the tube with Avynlea. It was the funniest ride of my life! Michelle kept screaming and I felt like I was falling off the side the entire time and could not stop laughing. It was great times!
 It was a really hot day and so every so often Angela would turn the boat off and we would jump in the water and float and talk and laugh. It was some of the funnest times and I am so glad we went. Also nobody got sick from the Ecoli so that is a relief!
 One Sunday evening we took a family bike ride around the neighborhood. That was really fun getting out and riding bikes as a family. I loved my kids at all stages but having teenagers and being able to do more because they are independent has been a lot of fun

 Whitney had her baby! I got the text early in the morning that Whitney had her baby and I was so excited! At about 10:00 Avynlea, Rylee and I went to St Luke's in Nampa so we could meet the newest member of our family. She was so cute and it was the best holding this beautiful angel while visiting with Whitney. They hadn't decided on a name yet while we were there but the next day they announced her name was Laney. I love her and her name, she is so sweet!