Saturday, August 25, 2018

Back to School

After a funfilled and busy summer it was back to school time for Ryker, Avynlea and Rylee. It was a little weird not including Kenedy in this years back to school picture but fun to have Rylee on the same schedule as the rest of this group.
Ryker is now a Sophomore, 10th grade, and is taking more Honors classes this year. He had a good first day of school but his complaint was his teachers did not give them a chance to settle in to school it was all back to business and lessons immediately. I told him welcome to life :)

Rylee is now a 6th grader and she was super excited but a little nervous for her first day of Middle School. She will be taking the bus but requested that I take her and walk her in this first day. I was happy to oblige and after taking Any to her bus stop I drove her to Star. We found her locker after a little bit of searching, we got confused with the layout and even though we found her locker the week before we couldn't remember where it was. We saw her friend Taycee Olson a couple of lockers down struggling to get her locker open and looking really panicked so I went over to help her. I tried a couple of times and couldn't get her locker open either, A teacher saw us struggling and came to unlock it with her master key when Taycee suddenly realized we were trying to open the wrong locker. The one right next to it was hers and she was able to open it no problem.
I walked Rylee to her classroom and gave her a hug goodbye. As I was leaving the school I started to feel a little emotional and got really sad leaving Rylee. I was never one to cry when my kids started school but this one was a little hard. I think it was mostly because she was all alone at this new school without her sister or her best friend and I was worried. 
When Rylee came home she said she had a good day but she struggled with getting her locker open and she couldn't find anyone to eat lunch with so she sat by herself. I was sad for her but she seemed positive and so I didn't dwell on it I just encouraged her to reach out and make friends.
After a couple of days of sitting alone at lunch she finally got the courage to talk to a girl she shares most of her classes with and has been sitting with Grace ever since. Thank heavens


Avynlea is now an 8th grader and she couldn't be more excited for her last year of Middle School! Since we are not in Meridian boundaries anymore we do not have a bus for her coming to our neighborhood. Earlier in the week I called the Bus Barn to find the closest available bus stop for her and the closest one is the corner of ten mile and ustick. Not too far but it is a rush to get out the door to catch it. 
She had a great first day and had fun catching up with friends and meeting new teachers.



I took another picture of Rylee outside her Middle School this time it's a first day of school picture.
And then one of her opening her locker :)