Saturday, September 30, 2017

Homecoming Week

This week was Meridian High's Homecoming week. Every day is a different theme and the kids are encouraged to dress accordingly. Kenedy has to dress up for the themes because that is one of her roles as a cheerleader. Ryker was not into the idea at all and did not dress up. I got a picture of Kenedy for each day. 
First day was pajama day..
Second day was twin day and the third day was Disney. Kenedy twinned with her Audrey and had planned to wear her Prom dress to be Sleeping Beauty with her friend Lauryn for Disney day but Lauryn let her sister Megan talk her out of it so Kenedy wore her crown and a blue shirt to represent Aurora instead of being more literal. Her friend Shae was wearing a crown also so they took a picture together.
The fourth day was throwback day and Kenedy wore her dad's Letterman Jacket.
And Friday was Spirit day, Kenedy was game day ready!
Friday morning was the Homecoming Day Assembly and I invited whoever wanted to come from Kefford's family. Mikell, Michelle and Brit were the only ones able to come and they brought their kids that were not in school. Avynlea and Rylee really wanted to come to Kenedy's last Homecoming Assembly so I let them stay home from school to go with me and then took them to school right after it was done.
Avy, Xander, Brooke, Rylee and Jenna                                   Elizabeth and Jason

Ryker was there, but he was up in the stands with the other Freshman. Xander was a moody little thing during the assembly, I figured he was just tired but then after the assembly Ryker came and found us and Xander was suddenly all smiles. He just needed his Cousin Ryker to hold him.
Xander, Ryker, Kenedy, Brit, Hazel, Michelle, Caleb, Mikell, Jason
Rylee, Kelly, Jenna, Brooke, Avynlea and James

We brought Kenedy's fat head to wave around at the assembly and she really liked that. I made sure to sit in the very back of the Senior section so we didn't annoy anyone with it. 
That night was the Homecoming game against Boise High School. Avynlea and her friend Rose were the only ones to come with me but they spent the entire game wandering around. My friend Amber was there for one quarter but her baby Preston decided he did not like football games so she had to take him home. I don't mind sitting alone, it is fun to have a friend to sit with but I am good with sitting by myself as well. 

In one of the rare moments that Avynlea came to say hi I made her walk with me down to get a picture of Kenedy cheering. 
The cheerleaders stand in front of the student section and there were so many students there that it was a packed stadium. I really love seeing the school spirit and unity shown at these games. our school really as one of the best student sections I have seen. It is so fun! The only downside was I only had glimpses of Kenedy because she was on the opposite end of where I was sitting. 
We went down to get a picture and while we were waiting for Kenedy to turn around I snapped a picture of Avynlea and me.

This was another fun game to be at because we won! The final score was 27-7 and the crowd was wild! At the end of the game they open up the gates and let the kids come down to link arms with the football players and cheerleaders to sing the Alma Mater. Seriously so much school spirit!
After the singing they all gather together for the burning of the M, another really fun Homecoming tradition.
Avynlea and Rose