Monday, September 25, 2017

General Womens Conference

After Kenedy left for her Homecoming Date Rylee, Avynlea and I got into our pj's and snuggled up on my bed to watch Womens Conference together. The girls were a little squirmy and I had to threaten them with no after conference ice-cream if they didn't settle down and watch Conference with me. Since I didn't let them have the popcorn at the rest hymn because of their antics they took me seriously and calmed down for the rest of the time. What I heard I loved and I really like this conference was all about Women empowerment. Not in the "we are better then everyone else" kind of empowerment, but the kind that helps us to know our worth and that tells us that we are doing better then we think we are. It was amazing and I was really wanting to watch it again and soon.
After the talks were finished we ate some ice-cream that Kefford and Ryker got us while we were watching the Conference. It was delicious and so very appreciated!
Since Kenedy didn't get to watch it with us I decided that we would watch it together Sunday night. As we were going to church I thought about the girls in my Sunday School class who also missed the Broadcast because of the dance and I told Kenedy that I was going to invite them to come watch it with us. I let her know the time and that we would have treats and told her to invite the girls in her class. The three girls in my class were super excited about our plans and told me they would definitely be there. I also invited my friend Kirsten Chidester who taught Kenedy's class. She came but couldn't stay very long because her husband had to go Home Teaching and she needed to be at home with her kids. I am glad she came for a little bit though.
From my class I had Emily Hunter, Sophie Buxton and Aubrey Ashton. Kenedy had her friend Mikayla Montgomery there. It was fun to hang with these girls in a more casual environment and to watch the Womens broadcast together. In between talks enduring musical numbers we would chat about what we liked and quotes we wanted to remember. 
After it was over we chatted for a bit longer until everyone had to go home. It was such a nice night and I am grateful for the prompting from my Heavenly Father to invite these amazing girls over.

Aubrey, Sophie, Emily, Mikayla and Kenedy

Whitney posted some pictures of her girls from their Sunday afternoon on Instagram and Kenedy loved them so much she screen shot them. They are such little cuties!
Avynlea had to decorate some paperdolls for a history project and was busy putting together outfits for them. Rylee thought it looked like a ton of fun and made her own dolls. The end products were so cute I had to take a picture of them with their creations.
                                                  King Henry, Johannes Gutenburg, Queen Elizabeth and Martin Luther