Sunday, September 17, 2017

Carnival Fun

I got back from California late Saturday night, as I was laying in bed ready to go to sleep Kefford told me I had an appointment with a member of the Bishopric the next day. When I went to the appointment he told me that they were going to give me a new calling as a Beehive Advisor. I was really excited about that because I love serving in the Young Womens and being a Beehive advisor means I get to be with Avynlea which is fun! The only bummer is that I love my Sunday School calling and am really sad to not be with those kids anymore. I teach the 15 year olds and I feel like we have really bonded, they are such good kids and I have had such a good time getting to know them. Brother Blazek told me that they do not have anyone to replace me yet so for now I am going to be doing double duty. It may sound like a lot and too overwhelming for some people but I was really happy with the news. I am more then ok doing both jobs and am even willing to stay with the Sunday School kids until the end of the year. I don't think that will happen but...fingers crossed. 

One of my first duties as Beehive advisor was to go with the girls to the Stake Beehive activity the next Saturday morning. It was a really great activity with scripture kickball and making FHE kits as part of the activities. Another activity they did was have each group of girls pick a song from a list they had and choreograph a dance and perform it for the other girls while also lip syncing. They had a box of costumes to use for dressing up and it was so fun to see all of the girls perform. Avynlea wore a red wig during her dance and I thought she looked adorable. With the long red hair and the hat I thought she looked like Madeline from the book Madeline. She is so cute! I also think in these pictures she looks like my niece Breana. 
After the activity we went as a family, minus Kenedy but plus Avy's friend Shaeden, to the Adalant sponsored carnival. We met up with Brit and Kelsey and their kids while we were there and we had a good time eating and watching the kids play games. 
Kefford took a quick turn playing corn hole and I had Ryker take a couple of pictures for me so that I could send them to Heather. She was with Kefford and I when Kefford did a rant about corn holing this summer and I knew she would enjoy the pictures.

The girls had their pictures drawn by a caricature artist and I thought they turned out really cute!
Brielle, Rylee and Qiana

Ryker had his drawn by a different artist and his cracks me up. We told Ryker to go and pose for him a certain way, like Uncle Rico from Napolean Dynamite and Ryker did it and the drawing he got is hilarious!
Avynlea and Shaeden also got their pictures drawn by the same guy who did the other girls and they look super cute as well. Since they were eating popcorn he added that into the picture.