Thursday, January 5, 2017

Let it Snow

After staying up so late the night before it was a bit difficult to find the desire to get out of bed on New Years Day. But we had to get up because it was the Sabbath and church started at 10 am. We stayed the night in Nyssa so we went to church with the rest of Kefford's family. I thought it was pretty funny when I walked in and saw that Tami and I were dressed almost identical. I thought we had the same dress on but when I got closer I saw that the pattern was different and the style of the dress had some differences. Still we looked enough alike that I thought it prudent to get a picture of us twinning.
Mallory sent me a picture of Amos using the blanket Rylee made for him. He is the cutest and the blanket looks so good with him lying on top of it!
We have had crazy amounts of snow fall this year already and the past couple of days have been record snow fall. Monday Rylee wanted to get an icicle down from the roof. She was not at all tall enough to reach even while standing on a chair so Kefford told to to get the broom from the garage. It was quite comical watching her hitting all of the icicles with the broom. I am surprised she did not get hurt because she had icicles raining down on her. She makes me laugh!
Yesterday we had snow coming down all day long. School was cancelled and the three younger kids went over to our old neighborhood to play with the Hursts for most of the day. Kefford shoveled the snow before he left in the morning, Ryker and I went our about 8:40 to shovel again, I shoveled two more times while the kids were gone. When the kids got back I had Ryker shovel again and then Kefford shoveled two more times when he got home. It was crazy! I have never seen anything like it in all our living here in Idaho. Driving in it was not too bad because our Expedition is all wheel drive but even with that I felt like we were off-roading, it was nuts! 
My mind must have been super occupied while I was putting my boots on because I put them on the wrong feet. 
I did not know Kenedy was aware of me outside shoveling until I saw her insta-story on instagram. She makes me laugh, and smh means "Shaking My Head", I had to ask. I did not mind shoveling, it was not hard and it felt good to do something. 
Kenedy had a bunch of her friends over to watch a movie and play some games. At about 5:00 I heard a lot of cheering coming from the upstairs. I did not think anything of it until I looked at my phone and saw that they were canceling school for Thursday also. Two snow days in row?! Unheard of!!