Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Let it Stop!

We are currently on day five of our snow days from school and I think the kids are even getting tired of this weather. I haven't minded the kids being home from school, they have been able to keep themselves occupied and it hasn't been bad at all. The thing that bothers me about the snow days is that they have to be made up somehow and if they have to be in school they should be in school now, when they are supposed to be, so that it doesn't take away from spring break or summer. But, I am resigned to the fact that plans will be interrupted because of these school closures and it will all be ok. On Friday I went outside with the kids who wanted to go out and play in the snow which was everyone but Kenedy. I wanted to get some pictures of the crazy amounts of snow and to get out of the house for a little bit. Being wet and cold is not my idea of fun but the snow sure looked pretty and I like seeing the snowfall safe in the warmth of my home. 

I told Rylee to fall backward in the pile of snow by the driveway thinking it would be funny if she sunk down into it. But it was packed snow shoveled from the driveway and all she did when she fell was lay there on top of it. I got a cool picture of her falling though.
Avynlea walked with me to check the mailbox for mail and while we were there she wanted to go down the slide which was covered in snow. That was pretty thrilling for her.
Ryker has been pretty good about helping stay on top of the shoveling which has been appreciated. While he was walking across the driveway he came upon an icy spot and fell on his bum. He told us it was icy and as I was following him to take a picture I hit upon the spot he fell on and discovered it really was icy. Luckily I managed to not fall down but I did do the icy spot wobble for a couple of seconds. 
I stayed outside to take pictures and do a little bit of snow playing but my lack of winter pants encouraged me to get inside as soon as it was possible to get away. 
Screen shot of the friday closure message. I used to look at the weather app on my phone and get really excited when I saw the snowflake because snow was fun and I loved when it happened. Now I literally look at the weather with dread and horror when I see that snowflake, it just won't quit.
I posted this cute collage of my kids playing in the snow on instagram on friday. Kenedy didn't go out so I could complete the four square with a picture of her and so I added a pretty snowy picture of our backyard tree. Almost immediately I was insta-shamed by Kenedy for leaving her out of the picture and my comments section was soon filled with family and friends laughing about replacing Kenedy with a tree. My comment back was if Kenedy would have ventured out of her bedroom once that day then  her picture could have been included. Teenagers!
I thought the icicles on the house behind us were out of control and still really pretty.
On Saturday before Kenedy left to go hang out with friends I made her go in the backyard so I could get some pictures of her in the snow. I then redeemed myself by putting her on instagram with her own picture. Win!