Saturday, January 28, 2017

End of January

On Thursday the 19th the kids had another snow day, bringing the total up to 6. Ridiculous! I really needed to get the kids out of the house and after dance class I took the girls to get ice-cream cones from Arctic Circle. They came with me to dance and Ryker and Kenedy did not want to come with us. We met our friends the Hurst's their and enjoyed our yummy treats. Ice-cream on a snow day seems like the perfect idea.
After our treats the girls went home with the Hurst's to play with their friends for a couple of hours. They had a great time playing dress up and Lindsey sent me a picture of Avynlea dressed up as an Indian. After she washed her face she still had a bit of a yellow tint on her nose and cheeks which I thought was pretty funny. She is one cute little Indian!
I also got a picture of the fab four..
Avynlea: Indian Princess, Logan: Mad Scientist, Jules: Zombie Nerd and Rylee: Zombie Bride

Kefford and I went to one of Meridian High's Boys Basketball games for a date night on Friday the 20th and Saturday, the 21st. Friday night was pink out for breast cancer and I thought Kenedy was especially pretty in pink.

Rylee started Y-ball again this year and is loving it. I love watching her and seeing a little bit more confidence in her playing abilities. Before their first game on Saturday the 21st she spent a little time in the hall practicing with Kefford. 
After the game Kefford asked if I wanted to go with him to Hobby Lobby. Rylee mentioned the day before that she wanted to get started on her box for Valentine's Day and after looking at Pinterest we found the perfect idea for a Valentine Card holder. So when Kefford asked about Hobby Lobby both Rylee and I decided that was a great plan and we went with him and Ryker to go get supplies for her box. When we got home we started working on it and it went quicker and easier then I thought it would be. We made the cutest "Monster book of Monsters" to hold her Valentine Cards.
For Christmas Heather sent me a pair of Mermaid socks and when I finally put them on I fell in love with them. They are so cute and so fun to wear!
Wednesday night, the 25th, was New Beginnings and since Avynlea is turning 12 this year she was invited to go to learn all about Young Women's. They had the three class president's speak about YW's and the Beehive class president talked about how one of the girls was getting bullied at school. The other girls in Beehives were not OK with this happening and decided to stick together and make it stop. They had t-shirts made that said "You mess with one Bee, you get the whole Beehive". I thought it was the cutest story and it made Avynlea so excited to become a Beehive. They highlighted each incoming girl and Kenedy was supposed to do Avynlea's but she had to cheer at a game and so Makayla did it.