Thursday, September 15, 2016

Homecoming

We went to Emmett for Hazel's baby blessing and our bench was pretty popular with the younger cousins. I thought it was cute seeing them all seated with us and snapped a couple of pictures.


I got a text from the Mother of one of Kenedy's guy friends who used to be in our ward, Tray Hallenberger, asking if Kenedy had been asked to Homecoming because he wanted to ask her. I told her that she hadn't been asked yet and she made plans for them to come over that week while she was in school to leave something for her. I had been over at Mikell's the day before helping her move and it inspired me that I really needed to start packing things up to get ready for our own move. So I was busy packing up boxes when they came over but I made sure to tidy up her room a bit so that it wasn't too embarrassing.  He made a really cute poster for her and left hershey kisses all over the floor. I was so busy packing boxes that morning that I hadn't eaten anything and those kisses looked so good to me but I refrained and did not touch them. I was not at home when Kenedy got home so I texted her and made her promise she would not go into her room until I got their. When I got home with the girls I went up into her room and started recording and then had her come up. She was pretty excited and is looking forward to going.

Kenedy had cheer pictures taken and while I was at one of the Homecoming craft nights with all of the cheer parents Hannah's Mom came up to me and handed me some magnets saying they ordered magnets with Hannah's name but when they got them they had Kenedy's picture with Hannah's name. She said she contacted the picture company and they were going to fix it but in the meantime she was giving us the magnets with Kenedy's picture. 
Kenedy looked on Pinterest for some ideas on how to answer Trey for Homecoming and found one that was pretty cute and simple. I bought her the M&M's and divided the yellow, green and red ones out for her. She counted them and it ended up being more green to start with so that was lucky! She took them to school with her and left them on his desk in the seminary room.