Monday, September 19, 2016

Carnival Fun!

On Friday the 16th Chaparral had it's back to school fundraising carnival. I decided I would take Ryker, Avynlea and Rylee to it, Kefford was in Baker working and Kenedy was getting ready to cheer at a game. In hindsight I really wish I hadn't bothered taking them. It was hot, crowded and not that much fun. I feel like I wasted the money I spent on it. Although it was a fundraiser so I can help myself feel better about the money I spent by thinking it is helping the school. I don't have my kids participate in the other fundraisers so I guess this was good. We ate dinner at the school and since I have invisalign I take them out to eat but then have to put them back in right after. It feels gross to not brush before I put them back in so I packed my toothbrush and toothpaste so I could brush my t
teeth after we ate. I was in the girls bathroom brushing and I felt weird and awkward and I was trying to hurry before anyone came in and saw me, but first let me take a selfie! :) Hahaha
The next day I took the kids to settlers park for a customer appreciation party we were invited to from the guys who we do financial stuff through. This is the major reason why in hindsight I wish I hadn't bothered with the school carnival, because this carnival was so fun and amazing! They had food and games and prizes. Everything was free and there were not a lot of people so we had no waiting in lines. It was great!
The kids had fun playing in the bounce house, and really liked jumping for pictures.

 The girls got their faces painted and I liked Rylee's ladybug and Avy's Owl but thought the nighttime scene surrounding the owl a bit much on a little girls face. 

Popcorn, snow cones, nachos, soda and soft serve were all delicious foods we got to eat for free. I think the snow cones were the favorite

A caricature artist was on hand to draw faces and Ryker and Rylee both sat for a drawing. The guy took a really long time doing his drawings and when he was done both Ryker and Rylee were less then thrilled with their caricatures. I made them let me take a picture with their papers before we threw them in the garbage. We understand that caricatures are meant to be exaggerated renditions of the subject but we felt that these were particularly bad and not worthy of being kept. 



As a customer I felt very appreciated by this carnival and I had a lot of fun hanging out with my kids. Once again Kenedy couldn't be with us because of cheer and Kefford was in Emmett working at the Barnyard.