Saturday, September 12, 2015

Random Fun

It was Learas Birthday and the past couple of years her birthday lunch was planned on a day that I teach dance. So I would go to lunch between classes and then rush out fast to go teach my last class. This year her birthday fell on a Sunday and the next day was Labor day. These genius ladies planned her birthday lunch on Monday so I could go and relax and take my time. I was able to stay and enjoy the company of some of my favorite people. One story I want to remember is Leara talking about something that happened to Judy. Judy has five sons and I would assume at least one of them was a bit rebellious when he was younger because as the story goes, Judy would go downstairs in the basement to water the plant one of her sons had growing in his room. What a sweet Mom to do this for him only to find out later it was a marajuana plant! That cracks me up thinking of sweet Judy unknowingly watering a drug plant. Oh how I love these Ladies!
L-R Elizabeth, Leara Leasure, Dianne Herrera, Rebecca, Cheryl Pierce, Christi Herrera, Judy Kinzel, Ellen Steiner and Hazel Stanger

I came in to find Ryker videoing a war with my phone. I let him continue with it for a little bit but then I needed my phone because I had to leave. Later Avynlea and I found the video he was taking and cracked up. He had a lot of fun making his little war until Mom had to come along and ruin it all by taking the phone.

Thursday night Meridian High JV had a game against Rocky at Rocky. I went to watch the game and my cheerleader. The girls got to use their poms at this game because the ones that did not have any from last year borrowed from Varsity. I tried to get some good pictures of Kenedy but because the visitors side at the Rocky field is in full on sun I could not get a clear shot. It was not fun sitting in the sun the entire game especially since I got to watch the Rocky fans sitting in their nice shaded seats. 

After the game the girls did some stunting. Some of the Varsity girls who came to watch were telling them they could not do that when their Coach was not there and they would get fined if caught. So of course I stressed about it all night long thinking of how much trouble Kenedy was going to get into if anyone found out. She does look good up there and has come a long way with her stunting! Hopefully we are in the clear and they will not do anymore illegal stunting.

Avynlea really wanted to take a Ballet class this year and since there are not any for her age on Friday nights when I teach I signed her and Rylee up for Monday night dance classes. No longer do they have to go on Friday nights this year. It was a little sad going to class by myself, but, since I was asked to help teach their Ballet and Jazz combo class this year on Monday as well I was fine having Fridays without them. They were especially excited to not have to go last night because their school had its annual carnival which they have always missed in the past due to it being on Friday nights. Kefford so graciously took them and they had a lot of fun. They got their faces painted really cute and made sand art necklaces.