Friday, September 4, 2015

Cheer and Cross Country

The Cheerleaders had their pictures taken on Tuesday. I only get 5x7's of Kenedy for me and her Grandparents and not any of the group pictures. I like when they get posted online so I can have one of those for free. :) Kenedy is back row second from right.
Kenedy had to sit out two games and when I got to her second game she told me she was frustrated because Noel had to sit out also but her Coach said Noel could cheer. I told Kenedy she needed to ask  if she could cheer also but she was really hesitant about it. I told her the worst that would happen is she would say no and you are already sitting out. By then the other cheer Moms I was sitting next to chimed in with encouragement to just ask. Finally Kenedy did ask and her Coach said yes! She was so excited and it was fun to watch her cheer. We had to leave early because Kenedy had Mutual to get to. I was super impressed with Kenedy in that it was never an option to miss Mutual. She knew she had a game to cheer at but she told me to pick her up at 6:45 to leave early to get to Mutual. She definitely has her priorities straight!
Ryker had his first Cross Country meet on Thursday. He was really nervous about it but I gave him lots of encouragement and hoped that he would do good. Because of our schedule and with picking up the girls from school we got there late. Luckily the girls ran first and we were there in time to see Ryker run by. 



He did not do as great as he wanted and I think he really psyched himself out. But I told him he can learn from this first experience and get better. He now knows what to do differently for the next meet and I believe will improve. He is a cute runner and I always love watching my kids doing their different activities.