Friday, August 22, 2014

Tents and Dinner

A week before school started Ryker decided he wanted to set up the 2 person tent in the backyard and have himself a solo campout. I really didn't think he would make it the whole night and even said that to him but he really wanted to do it and so we agreed to let him give it a go. Ryker brought his stuff out that he wanted to have with him and I had to ask him why he felt like he needed to have 8 books for one night. Apparently he was not sure which one he wanted to read. Silly kid. The next morning Kefford and I came downstairs and found that Ryker did in fact manage to stay outside all by himself. Amazing! I had Kefford take a couple of pictures for me before he woke him up. We left the tent out there for three days and twice Ryker stayed in it alone and once Kenedy was in there with him. Good times!





That weekend Kefford and I were trying to decide where to go for our date night and he suggested taking the kids with us out to eat. We have recently just finished reading the New Testament as a family and to celebrate we get to go out to eat as a family. So we headed to Dennys. It was good times and good food. The only draw back was the air conditioning in that place. It was freezing cold! We tried to hurry so as to get out of the chill. I took a picture of Avys goose bumps to show how cold it was!