Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Movie Time

I told the kids one morning that if they did their chores and did not fight or argue that I would take them somewhere for a surprise. Kenedy had Cheer practice so she could not participate although she still had to do her chores and be on good behavior. Avynlea and Rylee did great but Ryker was another story. He did not think it was fair that they could not know what they were earning and was such a grump and pain that despite a couple of warnings earned himself right out of this surprise. I hated to do it but I told him he was not going although he still had to do his chores. Once the girls were done we left Ryker, dropped Kenedy off at cheer and headed to....the movies! It was summer dollar days at the movie and we went and saw Arthur Christmas. It was strange seeing a movie about Christmas in the middle of the summer but it was one we have not seen before and it was fun to see. I got popcorn and soda and as soon as I sat down and got situated I picked up my root beer from where I had put it in the cup holder and proceeded to get a lap full of root beer. The lid was wonky and did not stay not he cup very well. Grrr. 
I had fun with my girls and I hope that the other one learns to be in a better mood about things.