Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dance Recitals

I found Avynlea practicing her piano one day with a little company from a friend. I thought it was pretty cute!

We had Dance recitals and these are only a couple behind the scenes pictures. I had planned on doing Avy's hair like I did it for pictures but she came home from school with a different idea. I was irritated at first because I don't like it when I plan things out in my head and they get changed but I jumped on board and thought it turned out adorable!

Rylee was excited all day long and kept asking if it was time to leave. When we finally got there she had a hard time waiting for her performance to start and was very jumpy and hyper.
Our dance recital was on thursday and all of my girls did amazing. They had a lot of fun and it is always so exciting to see them onstage enjoying what they are doing!

On Friday and Saturday I had recital for the girls I teach at The Dance Connection. This was super nerve wracking for me because I wanted them to perform well. Once I realized that no matter what they do they will be cute on stage I calmed down a little. I was able to get pictures of most of my dancers after their performances. I wasn't able to do that last year so I am happy I remembered and did it this year. I am missing a couple of girls who left before final bows but that is ok. Our theme this year was "Favorite Things" and each class danced to songs that represent some of their favorite things. Because we have so many classes and students our recitals are broken up to 5 recitals, 1 on Friday and 4 on Saturday. I had three classes in the 9:30 recital and one class in the 12:00 recital which is why two different classes dance to the same music. makes it a whole lot easier to have 10-11 dances we use throughout the recitals rather then choreographing 40 different dances. I teach five classes and had two smaller classes combined so thats why there are only four groups.
Noora, Taylor, Baby Taylor, Isabella, Bella, Emma, Peri and Emma  (Premier class dancing to Friendship Boogie and Friendship Grows like a flower)
Arabella, Sadie, Addison, Deanna, Carly, Finley and Arika not pictured are Tinsley and Halia (Bright Beginnings Class Dancing to Happy Birthday and Birthday Wish)
Alysha, Sessily, Lucy, Alyssa, Maya, Mikayla, and Aislin, not pictured are Aaliyah and Mckinnley (Healthy Beginnings class dancing to I put the zing in spring and Springtime)

Danika, Taylor, Madelyn, Sarah, Addy May, Rylee, Brooklyn, Olive and Addison (New Horizon Meridian class and Bearly Grown class dancing to Friendship grows like a flower and Friendship Boogie)

 I had a lot of fun teaching and dancing this year but now that our week of recitals are over I am ready for my summer break! I love teaching dance and I love that it gives me something to do with my time. Now that I will have all four kids in school all day long I definitely need something to fill up a little bit of time an this has been perfect for that. Plus it is fun to earn a little bit of money, that is always nice!