Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Monster Love

My brother Joshua likes to sew, which I think is pretty dang cool for a guy to do. He even took a sewing class at BYU! Imagine the lone male in a sewing class filled with women...not too shabby! He made a skirt for my Mom for Christmas which was super cute, he has made himself a pair of church pants and apparently he is working on making a little dress for Rylee to wear. I hope he finishes it before she grows too much and won't be able to wear it .... hint hint Joshua! :0)

He also makes the cutest little sock monsters you have ever seen. Big lips, button eyes, fancy socks! Sooo adorable!
Another thing that should be made mention about Joshua is the special relationship he has with my little Rylee. There was a time between the ages of birth and 2 years old when Rylee absolutely would not go to anyone who was not Mom or Dad, not even he Grandmas. She was a Mom and Dad only type of girl.
Then when she was a little over a year we went to Utah. Joshua was there and while we were at church she climbed into Joshuas lap and stayed there. I was so completely surprised and could not believe my little mamas girl had willingly went to somebody else. I think it made Joshuas day! From then on the only other person she would go to was Joshua. She loved him! They now have a pretty special relationship which I think is really cute.
Recently Joshua sent Rylee her very own sock monster to love. She loves it and she named him Grumpy.
How stinkin cute is this picture?
Kissy-kissy!!