Friday, June 18, 2010

HeartBreaker

For the past year and a half I was privileged to be the Beehive advisor for our ward. I was very excited when I got this call and have been happy every minute of my service. I think when the Lord gives us callings he is very active in helping us fulfill them. I don't know how else to explain how much I have loved these girls in my class and how much I have enjoyed being with them. I have served in the young women organization many times and while it has always been enjoyable it has been nothing to what I have experienced this time around. Lots of fun, lots of spiritual moments and lots of good times. I cannot express how much I have loved and enjoyed being with these girls.
A couple weeks ago we got a call from a member of the stake presidency saying he would like to meet with us. Kefford and I both wondered what was going on. I was quite happy in my calling and Kefford had been serving as the Elders Quorum president for almost two years and he was quite happy where he was at. We wondered which one was going to have a change. Little did we know that what was coming was going to require changes on both our parts.

President Koehler came and met with us and extended a new calling to Kefford...2nd counselor in the Bishopric. I knew as soon as that call was extended that my days with my amazing Beehives were soon over. I spent the next week discussing it with Kefford, analyzing it, even talking myself into believing that we can make it work and I could stay where I was at but deep down I knew my time was at an end.

Sure enough the next Sunday the Bishop called both of us into his office to talk about Keffords new calling and to let me know that I was being released. I got emotional. I was prepared and ready for it but I was still very sad.

Now don't get me wrong,I am happy for Kefford in his chance to serve in his new calling. He will be amazing and will do alot of good for the members of our ward. It will be challenging and I hope it will bring our family lots of blessings.

But...
Courtney Nicholes, Megan Pierce, Me :0), Jessica Tyler and Cheryl Howell

I will really miss my Beehives!