Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Twas the night before Christmas

Kefford had to work until mid-afternoon and so I was a little worried about how the day would go with the kids all excited and him not here to help keep the calm. I decided to make it a lazy, easygoing type of day and that seemed to work out pretty well. Every year the kiddos get a new ornament and this year I bought little wooden elves that they could color and then we would stick their pictures in them.




They did a good job coloring and when it was time to put their pictures in I realized I made their faces a little too big for the cutout. But you know they looked really cute even if they were a little silly. Rylee was scribble coloring pretty colors all over hers and then grabbed black and colored that all over what she had done. It trned out interesting!


They also got to open their new pajamas to wear to bed. Don't they look oh so cute? I, of course, have to follow in the traditions of my youth and take the "new pajamas in front of the Christmas tree" picture. if you make the picture bigger maybe you can see them holding their new ornaments!