Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Nativity

On Sunday Kefford and I went to the primary to watch Ryker perform as Joseph in a reinactment of the nativity. It was really cute and the message was pretty quick but powerful. I really enjoyed watching the cute kids perform their parts. After church and after we ate Kenedy and Ryker went upstairs to practice a play they wanted to perform for Me and Kefford. They came downstairs and set up the Family Room and when I saw their costumes it was pretty obvious what they were going to perform.

Kenedy narrated and in the beginning told us that the true meaning of christmas was not about santa claus and presents under the tree.

Rylee and Avynlea waiting to go on.

And then it began. Ryker acted out the Joseph part and the part of the inn keeper before Kefford told him that he would say the innkeeper parts.

Kenedy went behind the "stable" to have her baby and she put in a couple of grunts and groans before she came out with the baby and put him in his bed.

Avynlea and Rylee were a shepherd and a wise men respectively and both brought the baby Jesus gifts. A christmas book and toys I think!

Our little nativity!

Avynlea wanted a turn being Mary so off we went for a second showing. This time I did the innkeeper parts and I have to say I blew it out of the water! :0)

Also in this showing Joseph went behind the "stable" with Mary and helped her have the baby. I guess Kenedy is too independent to have needed help when it was her turn!


Another picture of the Nativity. I think Rylee was around her cousin Ally a little too much the day before. Ally is constantly walking around her house with only panties on (she just turned three) and so maybe Rylee was getting into the spirit of freedom!
After the performances Kenedy got up again and told us the true meaning of Christmas was that Jesus Christ was born and we needed to remember Him.

I love that my kids did this on their own. When I was growing up my family always acted the story out but there were more of us to fill the parts. I am glad that even though we are smaller my kids found a way to bring the spirit of Christ into our home!