Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas Morning

When we put the kids to bed we told them they were not to get up until 7:00 the next morning. It worked and at 7:00 i got up to go to the bathroom and when I came out Kenedy was waiting for me. She went around and woke up her brother and sisters and they got their stockings and climbed into bed with me and Kefford to open their stockings. In our house Santa wraps all of the stocking stuffers and leaves them on our beds. It is something I grew up with and I love the tradition.

After the stockings were opened the kids had to go get dressed and be ready to go downstairs and open the presents under the tree. Now let me stop here and explain something. In my family we spent Christmas lounging around in our pajamas..all day long. We always got new pajamas and we wore them all day. Of course if we were going to Grandmas and Grandpas we changed into our clothes but if not the day was spent, happily, in our pajamas. Kefford did not grow up that way. They were not allowed out of their rooms on Christmas morning until they were completely dressed and ready for the day. I don't know why but that is what his dad insisted on. I like my traditions and Kefford likes his traditions, so our compromise is pajamas to open stockings and dressed to open presents. I really don't like it but that is what compromising is all about. I think I am going to push really hard for my way next year!

So now the kids are dressed and we let them come downstairs one at a time. It is supposed to be in order of age but Ryker already snuck down the stairs to take a peek so his punishment was to go down last. I know, how mean are we? :0)


the tree and all the presents!