Thursday, October 1, 2009

Spoooky Cupcakes

Last night for Young Womens the Beehive class did cake decorating. We asked Sister Marlene Terry, the ward wedding cake maker :0), if she would come and show the girls how to decorate cakes. She agreed and came really prepared with fun projects to do. We learned how to do a shell border using a star tip and we made this cute halloween spider and fun graveyard out of the cupcakes. We had the best time, Marlene is one of my most favorite people and she made learning how to pipe frosting so much fun. She sent us all home with some great ideas, a star tip, a grass making tip, plus a couple of bags of frosting.

We actually molded our own pumpkins out of modeling chocolate and then used a leaf tip to give it leaves. Mine turned out so cute but I ate them before I thought to take a picture. So for the sake of the picture I used some candy pumpkins. Just imagine how cute my own pumpkins were on top of the cake!

I think I found my new winter time pastime!