Monday, December 25, 2023

Merry Christmas!

Christmas Day was a good day. It was really nice to have Ryker back with us but we really missed Kenedy and Ty. I was thinking I wished they would have done Christmas with his family last year so that we could all be together this year. Next year Avynlea will be missing and who knows who will be missing the year after that. But I am not going to let myself be sad about what the future could look like and just appreciate having Ryker home after two years away and enjoy having Avynlea here knowing next year we will be missing her. 
I took a picture of the tree Christmas morning before we started opening gifts, I love how magical it looks with all the presents we have thoughtfully planned for and bought under it. 
Rylee wanted to start the gift giving with handing out the presents she got for everyone. My present from her was one that all the kids went in on so I didn't have one from her to open at this time. She loves having her picture taken of her giving the recipient their gift so we made sure to get all of those taken. 
Kefford got a Youngstown University hat.
Ryker got a model sports car
Avynlea got a journal and Scripture Highlighters

After Rylee did her gift giving we took turns opening gifts. 
Rylee got the Joaquin Brothers book series, an Apple Watch, a soft blanket, Nike Shoes and clothes.
Avynlea received a Hair Dryer brush, Calico Critters bakery and family, Luggage, Dresses, Clothes and new shoes for her mission.
Ryker got Shirts, bat mobile cars, Mistborn Book set, Mission books with his mission pictures and letters he wrote home every week, a new coat and an &Collar Dress Shirt.

Ryker was Santa this year which means it is his job to hunt for the presents and give them out. I suggested we group everyones presents together to make it easier to find but he likes the search and thinks its all part of the fun. More power to him and also why he was Santa this year, none of the rest of us want to hunt for the presents.
I got some Disney lithographs, an electric blanket, a hands free Kindle page turner which did not work the way I wanted it to so I sent it back and got a dress coat from Ivy City that was on sale and so pretty. 
Kenedy, Ty, Ryker, Avynlea and Rylee all chipped in and bought me the Mary Jane Dr Martins I have been wanting. They are so cute but a little too big so I had to send them in and order a smaller size. 



Kefford got a nail gun, a staple gun, a heat gun, a couple &Collar Dress shirts and some shirts.

I love wrapping gifts and I really love putting ribbon on the presents and making them look pretty. I especially loved the way this gift looked and wanted to take a picture of it because it was so pretty. 
For my Mom's Christmas Gift Emily takes charge of gifts for the Grandkids. She buys them and puts it all together and makes it so my Mom does not have to worry about it or do anything, it is a really good gift from Emily. This year they all got Christmas Mugs filled with candy, Hot Cocoa and they each got a $10 bill.

Avynlea gave Rylee her Christmas gift from her and it was the same gift she got for Kenedy, tickets to a Niall Horan Concert that will happen in Utah in July. Rylee was so excited and surprised by the gift and was really happy about it. Poor Avynlea started crying when Rylee opened her gift, she cried because she was so happy for Rylee and Kenedy that they were going to go to the concert together, she knew they were going to have so much fun. She also cried because she was really sad she wasn't going to be there with them. It was a bunch of mixed emotions for Avynlea, poor girl

After our family gifts were done we opened the presents from our Secret Person's and I also opened the gift Heather gave me which was Peach balsamic vinegar and Lemon Oil.
Camryn had Avynlea and she gave her pretty jewelry
Dillon had Ryker and he got a pocket knife and Ben had Rylee and she got a necklace and slides
Jeremy had me and I got skittle gummies, scrunchies and Wireless Earbuds. Emily had Kefford and he git sunglasses.
Little Jeremy had Kenedy and she got a Sleeping Beauty wallet and a cookbook

Ashleigh did the sisters favorite things box this year and it was so much fun to open and see all of her favorite things. I also loved the personal picture she included and the meaning behind it for her. It was an awesome box!

Rylee had Camryn and she got a Star Wars book and Avynlea gave Emily a Disney utensil canister. 

Kefford got Amis lego box sets and Ryker got Alec workout clothes.

I had Atticus and I gave him a digital instant camera and case and Kenedy had Grandma Bonnie and gave her pajamas that match ones she got herself.


After we were done we went to the farm and we had Christmas lunch and were able to visit everyone out there. Alison and Bob gave us money to put towards food storage as well as a stocking box filled with fun goodies. The older grandsons got a box of feet warmers and $20 and the older girls got wallets with a $20 bill inside. She also let me pick a wallet I think because she had extra and also because I am her favorite Daughter-in-law:). After a couple of hours at Kefford's parents house we went to see Grandma June who was at Ralph and Terry's so we got to visit with them as well as Ethan who was there with his family and Grant was there with his wife Becca and we got to meet her. Becca is from Denmark and although they have been married for two years she has only been able to come to the states a week ago. It has been a headache for her getting a visa and we are all so glad for answered prayers and fasts and that she is finally able to be here. She was super sweet and easy to talk to and I really like her and I am so happy for Grant that his wife is finally here.

After the visit at the Hadley's we went and saw Jeremy and Gwen and they were heading out to go play Chair Soccer at the church with Kevin and Maria Draper and their kids. They invited us to come along so we went and played and had a lot of fun. I was trying to keep the ball away from Kefford at one point and accidentally kicked him in the shin with the top of my foot. It hurt so bad and I finally had to stop playing and I moved my chair over to where Maria was sitting so I could visit with her.