Friday, December 15, 2023

Joy to the World

 Our friends Christmas party that we go to every year was Friday night after the dance recital, it was a busy day. The theme was Christmas Song and so we all had to dress up as a Christmas Song. Kefford had the idea to do "Joy to the World" with me dressing up as Joy from Inside Out and he could wear a shirt that had the world on it. He does not like dressing up so this was a good idea. Ashleigh dressed up as Joy a couple halloween's ago so I asked her if I could borrow her wig and she sent it with Heather whop gave it to me in Utah over Thanksgiving. As soon as I got home from the recital I changed into my joy outfit. It was fun to put on the wig and dress up as Joy and Kefford wore one of his Chair the Hope shirts that had a picture of the world on it. I thought we did a good job on our costumes.



It was at the Shoemakers and he changed the gift exchange rules a little bit this year. Every couple brings a good gift and a bad gift and they all get thrown in the middle and then everyone draws a number and you take turns picking a gift. Usually each gift is fair game for three steals and then it is frozen until the next round starts. Zach changed it so a gift can be stolen twice and then it is dead for the rest of the night. He also had a wheel of punishments and if you wanted to steal a gift you had to spin the wheel. Some of the things on their were not bad and some were not ones I would want to do. I was sitting next to Erika and she told me which gift was her good one and I had a low number so when I picked I got hers which was a $50 gift card to Top Golf. Normally I never would have ended up with that but nobody wanted it enough to risk spinning the wheel and getting a punishment so I was good. When it was Kefford's time their was a pair of Beats Headphones that had been stolen twice and so if Kefford took a punishment he could steal them and they would be his permanently. He was talked into spinning the wheel and it landed on singing a Christmas carol. Kefford sang Jingle Bells and he got to steal the pair of Beats and we ended up with two good gifts. I did tell Erika which one my good gift was so she could get it, it was a $50 gift card to a steak house and a bottle of msartinellis, but by the time her number came up it had been taken and she and her husband ended up with two bad gifts. It ended up being a fun night and I like the new rules, at least for this time when we ended up with two good gifts I liked it. Who knows what next year will bring.